When will Live support multitouch?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Jaju

When will Live support multitouch?

Post by Jaju » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:52 pm

So on the 22nd of October Windows 7 is released – and it supports multitouch natively. So when do you think Live can (finally) be multitouched – will it come with the first version of Live for W7 or will it take longer? Any thoughts?

ctx

Re: When will Live support multitouch?

Post by ctx » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:05 pm

They would have to redo the entire interface for it to be at all useful so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Jaju

Post by Jaju » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:20 pm

Okay – I had a feeling about that. I'll breath out then.

juanpablo1313

Post by juanpablo1313 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:35 pm

ctx wrote:They would have to redo the entire interface for it to be at all useful so I wouldn't hold your breath.
They may put a button or an easy to access option which changes completely the interface to larger buttons (especially the clips, faders, knobs, the X-Y spaces, and the transport), and of course, support multitouch. Or maybe just enlarge the entire program, I mean, in bigger screens you get more space and the graphics are the same size of 15 inch screens, you just get more space. What if in larger screens, the program don't get any more space, it just gets bigger? Like zooming it, so all controls grow in size (so it can be usable in multitouch screens).

These screens are the NEAR future, so Ableton should be worry about that, in my humble opinion.

Jaju

Post by Jaju » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:17 pm

juanpablo1313 wrote:These screens are the NEAR future, so Ableton should be worry about that, in my humble opinion.
I totally agree – let's keep our fingers crossed. Winter Namm is coming up so let's see what happens...

Korhan

Post by Korhan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:28 pm

I think I'd buy a Lemur instead of getting a multitouch screen. And doesn't Mac OSX have go to multitouch compatible first?
Computer: Macbook Pro, MOTU Traveler, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Live 9/M4L
Controllers: Keith McMillen QuNeo, Wiimote & Nunchuk, Akai LPK25, Korg Nanokontrol, iPad/Lemur