Any having trouble with dragging .aif files into Ableton 8?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
bigcohoona

Any having trouble with dragging .aif files into Ableton 8?

Post by bigcohoona » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:57 pm

Hey all,

I've been trying to work around converting some of the tight .CAF files from Logic into Live 8. Before I forget does anyone have a way to batch convert these or know of any good programs? I've just been opening them up in Quicktime and exporting audio as .aiff. Couldn't get Soundtrack Pro to sound good, seemed to dither wrong, the files sounded grainy when converted.

Anyway, while converting and saving to my desktop the new created .aif files I tried to drag them into an open Live session and every time Live immediately quit...Any thoughts on it? Can you not drag and drop audio file from desktop/another file into Live...do you have to open it up inside the folder options/clip organizer in Live's Clip View?

Thanks for the help,

big~C
Big Cohoona: Mac Pro 8-Core,Ableton 8, Logic, S1, Reason 4, Omnisphere, Morphestra, Komplete, McPherson, Blue, Shroeders Piano, Partridge Family 8-Track.

vicz

Re: Any having trouble with dragging .aif files into Ableton 8?

Post by vicz » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Soundconverter is good. Cheap but not free http://www.dekorte.com/projects/sharewa ... Converter/ No problems here drag and dropping them into Live 8 from the FInder.

arafel

Post by arafel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:33 pm

Just tried the drag& drop from Desktop into Live's Session View. Live 8 imported the .aifc file no problem

You dont say what version of Live you are using.
But, if you've got Logic & Soundtrack then in installation Quicktime was prob updated to Pro too.
Quicktime Pro (what is on this G5) will Export audio as .aifc (same as CAF which some apps dont know what to do with yet)

Try Exporting as .wav
See if Live will then import your file.
2.8ghz Quad PowerMac, Fa-66 using optical link, Live 9.72, Remote25, Maschine, Samson 65a.

arafel

Post by arafel » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:37 pm

Check it

Batch file converting by Sample Manager
http://www.audiofile-engineering.com/samplemanager/
2.8ghz Quad PowerMac, Fa-66 using optical link, Live 9.72, Remote25, Maschine, Samson 65a.