"Soft" case for apc 40 AND a laptop?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mersault

"Soft" case for apc 40 AND a laptop?

Post by mersault » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:26 am

Anybody have any answers for this? I'd rather skip the overpriced hard case route. Also, I always carry-on my laptop anyway. I'm hoping I can get something somewhat compact to fit both the apc and a laptop at the same time. As long as I keep it by my side, a soft case should be fine. Any solutions? I'm actually thinking about getting a regular large backpack and adding some padding.

evolwizard

Re: "Soft" case for apc 40 AND a laptop?

Post by evolwizard » Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:56 am

headliner
...to the prelevator....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
=======================================================
17" macBook pro 2.93ghz 8GB RAM OSX 10.6-APC40-Axiom 25-Trigger Finger-Fast Track Ultra-MicroTrack II
Ableton Live 7 Suite Boxed-Reason 4

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:38 am

try gigskinz or namba

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:31 am

a bit pricey but this one is perfect for what you want.

http://www.monocase.com/mono-efx-dj.asp

mersault

Post by mersault » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:56 pm

Thanks for all of those suggestions. They've contributed greatly to my research.

How's the padding on the headliner bags? They're seemingly the overall best.

Although it should be more about function than looks - what's up with some of these designs?!

- the Namba bags look super sturdy, but quite odd. Very turtle-esque. They're also a single letter "L" away from making anybody look very creepy. I'm actually considering getting one and trying to remove the embroidery.

- As far gigskinz goes, they look like a great solution, but not everybody is super into dragons.

- Monocase seems good, somewhat oddly shaped, but slightly overpriced.

hmmmmmmmm.....

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:21 pm

didn't realize they changed their bags.. i got my gigskinz bags a couple years ago and they didn't have the dragon all over the place. only on the logo tag. still a nice bag inside. mine have a faux-fur lining with good sturdy padding. 4 pockets on the exterior and a divided main section big enough for an APC and a laptop.

the letter "L" thing... very funny, didn't pick up on that until you pointed it out.

auditory canvas

Post by auditory canvas » Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:01 am

http://www.pakuma.com/products/products.htm

I have a Choroka 17" the thing has saved my Macbook Pro a good few times, the padding is incredible, and I can fit the apc40 and my laptop in there comfortably. (apc40 goes in the slot in front of the laptop, with knobs and stuff being against the padding from the laptop slot, so pretty well protected).

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:57 pm

I bought the Ableton edition of the Headliner bag for my APC + laptop. It seems perfect, I just don't have an APC yet to really test it out.

mersault

Post by mersault » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:54 pm

I wonder who else was deterred from the gigskinz dragon. That's a total deal breaker! Is the ableton headliner bag the same as any of their other models? ...since they apparently only made 100. At least it looks like a normal bag - as does the Choroka.

Strew

Post by Strew » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:33 am

What about a "soft" case that holds the apc40 and a laptop AND the m-audio fast track ultra (plus headphones, cables etc)? Is there one big enough to fit them all in without faders etc getting damaged?

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:30 pm

I just toss mine and my laptop in my Gravis Messenger bag, works fine. Could use some more padding for the APC but it's fine for going to gigs in the city.

Fit that in there w/ my DSLR and some other stuff without looking ridiculous or feeling awkward.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:01 pm

mersault wrote:Thanks for all of those suggestions. They've contributed greatly to my research.

How's the padding on the headliner bags? They're seemingly the overall best.

Although it should be more about function than looks - what's up with some of these designs?!

- the Namba bags look super sturdy, but quite odd. Very turtle-esque. They're also a single letter "L" away from making anybody look very creepy. I'm actually considering getting one and trying to remove the embroidery.

- As far gigskinz goes, they look like a great solution, but not everybody is super into dragons.

- Monocase seems good, somewhat oddly shaped, but slightly overpriced.

hmmmmmmmm.....

I bought a Namba bag. I love mine and it's incredibly sturdy.

It's not flashy, but instead looks very plain, which is exactly what I need if I'm walking with gear. I don't want to attract attention if I can help it.

This will fit the APC40, which is what sealed the deal for me as I will be buying one, and it will fit an Axiom 25, in addition to having room for a 17" laptop plus, Audio Interface and and the chords.

I think audiomidi.com is still running a deal on theses in case you really are interested. 8)

mersault

Post by mersault » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:39 pm

I'm somewhat torn between the Namba and the Headliner case. ...but does anybody know which Headliner case fits the APC PLUS a laptop? ....or are there any other suggestions? also, does the Namba look as odd in person?

Strew

Post by Strew » Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:17 am

Also does the Mono EFX 365 DJ or the Headliner hold the apc40 and a laptop AND the m-audio fast track ultra(fast track dimensions are about 10" x 5.5" x 1.6" or 25.5cm x 14cm x 4cm)

(plus headphones, cables etc)?

Is there a bag big enough to fit them all in without faders etc getting damaged?

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Strew wrote:Also does the Mono EFX 365 DJ or the Headliner hold the apc40 and a laptop AND the m-audio fast track ultra(fast track dimensions are about 10" x 5.5" x 1.6" or 25.5cm x 14cm x 4cm)

(plus headphones, cables etc)?

Is there a bag big enough to fit them all in without faders etc getting damaged?
Seriously look into picking up a Namba. The Laptop and APC40 will fit in the rear partition, safely without damaging faders (there is a foam flap that separates the Laptop and APC40 (I carry my Axiom 25 instead). The dimension of the fast track will fit in the front compartment. Cables and headphones will fit. With all of that, the bag is still sturdy, so you don't have to feel worry about the backpack straps.