OT: Lame topic... feel free to delete

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
aqua_tek

OT: Lame topic... feel free to delete

Post by aqua_tek » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:48 pm

whatever... thread over. LEt's not dwell on this.
Last edited by aqua_tek on Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

loquat

Re: OT: So tell me... was I a little over the top?

Post by loquat » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:01 pm

Sounds like someone doesn't know their barf manners yet. :D
Tube, toilet, sink, bucket, floor.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:05 pm

No.

But I would've made it worse and then there would've been puke and shit to clean up.
Unsound Designer

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:08 pm

keep your pimp hand strong.

little fuqr's gotta learn sooner or later. you saved other people he'll run into a some hassle.
"Obsession is a great substitute for talent." - Steve Martin on learning the banjo

Dell Inspiron 15 7000, Live 10.1, Win10 Home, Edirol UA101, APC40, Remote SL, SPD-SX, mic, guitars, JX305, Nova
soundcloud.com/tone-deft

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:08 pm

i would have just left it

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:12 pm

I think you were wrong to say "chop fucking chop". I mean, it kind of defeats the purpose of the "chop chop" to throw another two syllables in there. :)

but yeh, people who get to the point where they are that out of control need a rude awakening I think.

I wonder if the same sort of thing will happen to me for posting so many lame sets into the share beta: somebody will wake me up yelling at me in German to clean it all up, then I'll wake up for real and it will have been a dream, only the reason I woke up for real was because someone is yelling at me in German to clean it all up. :lol:

beats me

Post by beats me » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:14 pm

I'd like to say this depends. As somebody who has been known to be a blackout drunk it's possible the guy was in that zone when this happened. But also when I go to blackout mode I really don't get sick or into fights, more often then not I just say some fucked up shit I don't remember. So I don't know if there's some level of traumatic event there is no way I would forget during a blackout.

Nobody's a winner in this scenario. Obviously if he was fucked up enough to shower your bathroom with vomit he's probably not going to be action jackson on the cleanup. The only thing to do is keep note and never allow him to be in that position again. My cousin used to 86 people from his future party invite list even if they threw up in the street in front of his house and it took an act of Congress to get back in his good graces.

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:40 pm

I guessing that you kind of didn't like the dude that much in the first place, yah?

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:58 pm

i think you over reacted......
He had to of been really drunk when you invited him back, and if he threw up ALL over your bathroom he'd of been in no state to clean it up then(the fact that he got to the bathroom shows a little respect i think :lol: )

So for you to wake him up going mental and bitch slapping him was a little out of order IMO
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:03 pm

Yeah you were (a little?) over the top I´d say. Applying physical violence and threatening to beat him up severely might have been ok if he had done that on purpose, but this wasn´t intentional. Sometimes when you´re so drunk you just can´t manage to clean up inmediatly afterwards, and you may not realize your socks are dirty. From how you wrote all this it even gives me the impression that you are proud to be such a resolute nature. No sympathy here.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Fuck that!!! I've been drunk.. I've thrown up. I've never not cleaned up my mess right away. He's a guest and he's gonna pull that shit. Fuck him... he deserved every slap he got for not even attempting to clean up. Next time he'll learn to make it to the bathroom on time. Kick his ass.. and then give him the money he needs for the dental work. It's the American way!!! But make sure you're clean up bill is more than his dental work. and then fight for it on Judge Judy!

Post by 4.33 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:18 pm

drama queen and a pussy, why'd you let him go? he'll do it again!!

jez3122

Post by jez3122 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:20 pm

^^^^^^^^^^

I don't think he was even aware what he'd done.......so to kick the shit out of him for it says alot about you as a person....
Live 7.0.16, core 2 Quad 2.66ghz 4 gb ram,ESI U46SE,Vestax VCM-600, M-Audio Axiom 25,
evolution249c,Maudio Xpression pro, various guitars,Akai mpd16, NI intact,YamahaMSP3's,zoom323, a Ukulele and a Crate of Stella.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:23 pm

he was fully aware if he responded with "hey chill out man, come on. haven't you ever gotten drunk and thrown up?"

and on top of that he laughed? didn't try to clean up after he did it... just let it fester in the bathroom.. that's fucked up. how many man-laws does that break? gotta be about 5!

v76

Post by v76 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Oh man, I'd even go as far as to say that your reaction was mild. I don't think I'd have resorted to beat him up before he would have cleaned it though. Only if he refused and did a shitty job of it. But there are many variables involved and maybe you'll know more about how he feels and/or knows about the puke fest that occured in your bathroom.

If he still finds it funny while sober, I'd proceed to knock him off his puke-smeared socks.