Luciano conducts Ableton Live laptop symphony

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Destro

Luciano conducts Ableton Live laptop symphony

Post by Destro » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:16 pm

polemans

Re: Luciano conducts Ableton Live laptop symphony

Post by polemans » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:23 pm

mmm,

someone contacted me from 'his people' to ask me to do this tour 1 month before it started (I figured it was to replace someone). I'm sure they must have contacted others from the ableton forum..? I think he wanted me as I have several 'hang'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hang_%28mu ... trument%29
and I see on a comment for the video it mentions that 'someone with a 'hang' was supposed to be performing.

anyway, after 'blocking the dates in my diary, ( & so refusing other work in the meantime) when I emailed to ask about financial terms etc... no reply, after a few days ( and several shows that I had said no too later) still no reply. emailed a final time and and told them I really needed a confirmation or even a thanks but no thanks we've changed our minds...
never got a reply... after seeing the vid, I'm hyped they didn't get back in touch... what a pile of shite.

ta
p.s. thanks destro for reminding me. I get to let off steam...rant over...
Last edited by polemans on Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ableton, computer, old drums, newfangled drums, loadsa bits n bobs. - http://www.myspace.com/polemans

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:12 pm

i like this idea.

when its just one person making the sound it can sound sloppy, if everyone is focused on a single element, and still one more person on the arrangement and mixing of those sounds you can get a very high production quality out of it.
granted maybe its one guy too many, but i was thinking of a similar idea having a guy "dj" incoming audio while a group of people make it....but with no way to implement it

more of this...less of dj's please

Broken Chip

Post by Broken Chip » Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:22 pm

Sounds terrible.
However, that Luciano guy sure can move his legs in strange ways.

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:16 pm

I personally have a great respect for Luciano and he is one of my biggest inspiration whenever
I am djing or making music.

If I am not wrong, every single person on stage is working on different sounds that Luciano is
arrenging in order to create new and fresh tracks. It looks like he is using Maschine to midi control
the set.

I think the sound and flow he is getting is fantastic, you just need checking the spanish crowd!!!

Congratulation for this new setup I am especting to see live soon, big thanks for all your hardwork and support
to the forward thinking music.

Thanks!

polemans

Post by polemans » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:31 pm

even with his fancy and rather fetching moves and....erm, cough cough ''forward thinking"... I'm still pissed off at him...
ableton, computer, old drums, newfangled drums, loadsa bits n bobs. - http://www.myspace.com/polemans

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:09 pm

polemans wrote:even with his fancy and rather fetching moves and....erm, cough cough ''forward thinking"... I'm still pissed off at him...

Whatever mate but if they didnt take you on board, there may be good reasons for it... Probably ur music style
is far of from Cadenza.

funky shit

Post by funky shit » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:51 pm

shiteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

polemans

Post by polemans » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:37 am

He shouldn't have asked me in the first place, and wasted both of our time then should he?

re.mark

Post by re.mark » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:18 pm

inakiesarte wrote:
polemans wrote:even with his fancy and rather fetching moves and....erm, cough cough ''forward thinking"... I'm still pissed off at him...

Whatever mate but if they didnt take you on board, there may be good reasons for it... Probably ur music style
is far of from Cadenza.
Surely its common courtesy to say youve changed your mind in that case.

inakiesarte

Post by inakiesarte » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:45 am

Rave wrote:
inakiesarte wrote:

is far of from Cadenza.

So bad manners is ok in your books then?

Not at all and I wish it hasn't happened to anyone else of course, as it won't be professional enough, but at the same time,
you heard this same type of history in other based projects jobs and people just do not go around forums blaming about it.

Respect and consideration in both parts is a must.

Thanks!

polemans

Post by polemans » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:32 am

( pantomime voice ) : " ooooh yes they do:!: "

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:53 am

I got to get a listen to these Hang drums in action

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQXn5ba0aT8