IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
elxicano

IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Post by elxicano » Thu Aug 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Alright.... I resisted posting a thread since there have been a few already, but none of the other threads updated their titles! SOOoooo... now here's this one and here's the latest news!!

IK is now showing 1413 (only 87 more till we reach the 5x1 level)... over 160 people have signed up in less than 24 hours and there are still another 25 days left!

Esoundz shows that 479 have now bought from them! Only 121 more till we reach the 600 level! Esoundz has also said that if we can reach 600 by Monday, then they will throw in an extra bonus!

Oh, and so no one gets confused... buying from esoundz does not detract from the IK numbers, as you can buy from ANY retailer to contribute the overall group buy, but it just so happens that esoundz is providing the best deal anywhere.

And here's that link!

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=3823& refcode=groupmix2009

Lasty... In case anyone is looking for someone to refer... consider spreading some epointz love and referring "elxicano" BUT if you are really looking to make the most of the epointz referral numbers then consider finding someone else who's buying in too and then refer each other (you'll get more points this way!)
Last edited by elxicano on Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sweetjesus

Re: IKmultimedia's T-Racks Singles Group Buy

Post by sweetjesus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:46 am

i had a listen to T-Racks.

Not totally sold.

The limiter does more of a crushing function and colours the sound in a pleasing but unpredictable way.

The linear phase EQ is okay, but I feel is easy to make things brittle at times.

The 670 emulation just has no punch and collapses stereo imaging and removes any 'hi fi' vibe (in other words sound crap).

I was about to shell out for it, but decided not to. Even at these prices.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:29 am

Of the new T-racks, only the Otpo is supposed to work as a transparent compressor. The 670 and the vintage EQ (Pulteq) are supposed to be faithful emulations (even faithful to the original hardware quirks). In other words, whatever the 670 hardware did, then the software version is meant to do the same thing (including coloring).

The linear phase EQ is what I would think is a nice tool, but yes easy to FSU if you don't know what you're doing (and I'm already in the process of reading more so I don't FSU, because it's a bit over the top for me to say the least). Besides, I think for most of us, we can get by just fine with EQ8 which is my personal favorite EQ.

Now I'm not trying to convince you otherwise, as everyone's opinion is different (the reason for the download link), but I personally was happy with these and I had a need for some coloring tools (670, Pultec and even the Classic EQ). I like the sound they give but at the same time am no expert here to say more than what I personally liked. Deal or no deal, buy what interests you, right? :wink:

Now another thing to consider is that these were designed to work in the T-Racks shell, as IK's designed mastering process, but probably a combination of a marketing opportunity and customer demand (since using just one plugin in the shell was unnecessarily CPU demanding) they've made these available as Single purchases. I already have the Shell, but I'm still hoping they'll make the shell available to everyone else that gets all the plugs too through this deal.

Anyone else wanting the shell, I suggest making some noise and request it as much as possible before this Group Buy is over. They tend to listen to large numbers (hint, hint, hint).

By the way, these numbers are ridiculous... still climbing (almost 200 new signups in just 24 hours).

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:12 pm

Latest numbers:

IK: 1485 (only 15 more to go before it's a 5 for 1 deal)

Esoundz has hit 500, so only 100 more to go before cashing in on all the extras you get from purchasing from esoundz.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:37 pm

8 more left, and then it'll be 5 for 1!

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:55 pm

do you think most of the people bought two instances of singles with the hopes of getting all of them? or do you think they were content with just half of the t-racks singles?

slirak

Post by slirak » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:41 pm

elxicano wrote:Of the new T-racks, only the Otpo is supposed to work as a transparent compressor.
As I understand it, both the new brick wall limiter and the phase linear EQ aims to be transparent, though no tool will be if used with extreme settings. They still alter the sound obviously, wouldn't be of much use otherwise... :wink:

Otherwise I agree colouring's the (good) thing with T-Racks, vintage style colouring. That goes for the older modules as well.

If you're looking for transparency and more modern style mastering I'm told that Izotope Ozone is the way to go.
Last edited by slirak on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 5:45 pm

I have a feeling most people bought twice, even if they thought they would be content with just half the T-Racks.

When I first purchased, I thought I only wanted 4 of them, but quickly decided I wanted them all. Having seen a lot of other user's comments, I think they felt the same way. They probably were given more incentive too once they realized how obtainable 1500 was, so buying twice WOULD actually mean getting them all instead of just missing a couple.

By the way... only 4 more left until it becomes a 5 for 1 deal.

elxicano

Re: IKmultimedia's T-Racks Singles Group Buy now 5 for 1!!

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:14 pm

1500 has been reached!

Now get 5 Singles for the price of 1!

Or, you can buy twice and get all 10 Singles! Esoundz still has the best deal if you decide to buy twice (on the second transaction you can purchase for only $74).

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:04 pm

thx for pimping this, dude...I wish the t-racks stuff wasn't so CPU heavy, but it's really nice!

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:07 pm

BTW, the link above isn't working...here's a working link-a-dink:
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/Main.html?g ... /index.php

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:22 pm

Damn... looks like the esoundz server is down!

Hope that gets fixed soon.

Yeah, no doubt... a bit CPU heavy, but then again, if your using them for "mastering" of just using a few Singles, then you shouldn't have too much issue with it. This was my biggest concern too since I'm still mashing my way through my current PC (which I hope to replace this year) and found it was lower than I had expected.

Still, definitely try the demos! Don't buy just cuz it's a good deal, but give them a decent run. The Group Buy ends August 31st, and the demos are fully functional for 10 days, so no pressure.

slirak

Post by slirak » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:32 pm

nebulae wrote:thx for pimping this, dude...I wish the t-racks stuff wasn't so CPU heavy, but it's really nice!
It is a bit heavy, yes, but have you tried the 3.1 versions? I've never tried 3.0 myself but I'm told 3.1 is a lot lighter on that poor sweating CPU.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 pm

slirak wrote:
nebulae wrote:thx for pimping this, dude...I wish the t-racks stuff wasn't so CPU heavy, but it's really nice!
It is a bit heavy, yes, but have you tried the 3.1 versions? I've never tried 3.0 myself but I'm told 3.1 is a lot lighter on that poor sweating CPU.
I'm a fixin' to do that tonight.

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:15 am

based on the demo, I can report that v3.1 is indeed SIGNIFICANTLY more CPU efficient...as in v3 took 40% of one of my cores of my q6600, while v3.1 on Win7 only takes 10%. Now that these plugs are actually usable, I can also report that they sound a hell of a lot better than the past version of T-RackS! I'm seriously considering upgrading my versions to this with the group buy!!