IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
leisuremuffin

Re: IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:53 pm

huh, haven't had a problem with authorization. on 10.5.8 and have the t racks singles working fine. no copyright hassles here.

I like the linear eq a lot. Not so sure about the fairchild emulator. the fake pultec seems cool on my first few uses... also like the brickwall limiter and the opto comp.

overall i think i'm happy with what i got for 100 bucks. Don't have any interest in the sample packs though.

.lm.
TimeableFloat ???S?e?n?d?I?n?f?o

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:54 pm

But i should mention that IK's registration process is a huge pain in the fucking ass. holy ol fuck that's a bitch.

.lm.

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:04 pm

leisuremuffin wrote:But i should mention that IK's registration process is a huge pain in the fucking ass. holy ol fuck that's a bitch.

.lm.
+1

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:49 pm

hhmmm... has anyone gotten an email from esoundz about another special regarding the CSR.. It's not supposed to be advertised or something.. It's like forbidden or something to talk about it.. lol... $99 upgrade to the full CSR (basically get the other 3 reverbs).. good deal or not? I am not to knowledgeable of reverb units so can someone shed some light on this deal.. I am sure it's not the best but what I am saying is it good for the price? I don't have any other reverb units besides what is available in Ableton..

leisuremuffin

Post by leisuremuffin » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 am

yeah, i got that email too. I'm a little lukewarm about the csr hall that we got with the other plugs. I think the interface is clunky. But if i didn;t have any other reverbs it might be appealing.

.lm.

KainProject

Post by KainProject » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:06 am

You should be able to add the -25$ gathered from group buy as well.. But it seems you can't.. You're only able to enter 1 code. Which is lame..

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:21 am

leisuremuffin wrote:Not so sure about the fairchild emulator.
I like it at fairly subtle settings just to warm up individual tracks, then slap the opto compressor after it, in series, to get some actual compression and punch. That way I can sort of control the colouring and the levelling aspects of compression separately which is cool. And I can get a pretty nice vintage sound that way.

I've also read that the real 670 is popular for parallel compression on stems or the master track. Haven't tried it with the IK 670 yet myself. (Nor with the real thing! lol)

IP

Post by IP » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:55 am

what a great topic @ UUA forums!

UA Fairchild VS. IK Multimedia 670- Blind Test
http://www.studionu.com/uadforums/viewt ... =2&t=12360
With the special thats going on at the moment with the IK singles there seems to be alot of users commenting that the IK670 'smacks' the UA Fairchild. Well for all those considering purchasing the IK670 i've done a comparison of the 2 compressors. This is a short drum recording from a project I am working on at the moment, the playing is rough as hell, just the way I work- I like to do the 'finished' drum tracks last :) Both compressors were matched with the exact same settings, so tell us which sample you prefer and which sample you think is the UA or IK- have fun :D
read the reactions or test/and post yours http://www.studionu.com/uadforums/viewt ... =2&t=12360

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Ed J wrote:
leisuremuffin wrote:uhm, i'm still looking for the manuals. Anybody??
One installs with the deluxe/suite/whatever version demo, dunno if they have seperate ones.
Installed the deluxe demo but still can't find a manual. How do I find it? On a Mac.

EDIT:
Nevermind, found it.

andrew_

Post by andrew_ » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:30 pm

I definitely want to grab the metering suite and 670 emulation - can anybody recommend others for me? Probably not the Pultec since I already have the UAD one, but as for the rest it's a toss-up in my mind right now...

IP

Post by IP » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 pm

or get pultec and sell the UAD ? haha!!!

The limiter is great too!!! and the opto compressor

The linear phase EQ is excellent but only for master channel (as a LP).
It adds so much latency but again you can turn off the LP mode anytime ...

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:14 pm

this group buy could be a low priced way to update from TRackS 3 standard to TRackS 3 deluxe. IK support told me that you can load the singles plug-ins into TRacks 3 standard. But can you use the deluxe presets? Did anyone try this? I think the presets are very helpful for quick and reasonable results - unless you are an experienced master engineer, which I am not...