IKMM's T-Racks Singles GB now 5 for 1+CSR!! 6 for 1 reached!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Mehalic

Re: IKmultimedia's T-Racks Singles Group Buy now 5 for 1!!

Post by Mehalic » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:09 am

Elxicano,

I just order 2 singles so I can get all the plugs but I cannot find my serial?! I logged back into esoundz website, went to the members area and then my downloads, didn't see anything listed?! Any ideas....

edit - never mind, I'm impatient, got'em!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

leedsquietman

Post by leedsquietman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:51 am

I had a listen to the plugins and was pleasantly surprised - I was never a fan of T-racks and I still believe that I already own better plugins by Sonalksis and others. But the new range is definately better and quite effective.

I mean, the vintage emulations especially the Fairchild do not match the UAD equivalents, but remember, the UAD plugins are 150-200 dollars EACH and that's on top of buying the DSP card for 500 UAD2 Solo to 1500 UAD2 Quad. The T-racks emulations are still quite nice sounding, if not 100% authentic and a cut above plugins included with DAWS.
http://soundcloud.com/umbriel-rising http://www.myspace.com/leedsquietmandemos Live 7.0.18 SUITE, Cubase 5.5.2], Soundforge 9, Dell XPS M1530, 2.2 Ghz C2D, 4GB, Vista Ult SP2, legit plugins a plenty, Alesis IO14.

KainProject

Post by KainProject » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:09 am

This is very tempting.. But the cpu usage seems so high even for mastering there's always cpu drop outs when rendering tracks.
well, I have not tried the latest demo version.. guess I should, eh?
Anyone have input on running these on the Macbook 2.4Ghz duo? Average cpu usage and cpu drops..

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:34 pm

KainProject wrote: Anyone have input on running these on the Macbook 2.4Ghz duo? Average cpu usage and cpu drops..
The new 3.1.1 version of the plugs dramatically reduced CPU drain. I've been using them on my modest 1.67GHz Core2Duo for months. There are several things that you can do to monitor CPU drain most significant one being... disabling the oversampling and linear phase function even though I run them with oversampling enabled and they don't crash my system. The other obvious thing would be to manage the number of these plugs that you run simultaneously, maybe freezing tracks along the way to conserve CPU. Listen, don't hesitate, this is a helluva deal. I paid $299 at the beginning of the year for the Deluxe suite(along with SampleTron as a freebie :wink: ) and I don't regret it at all. Some maestros on here have claimed that these are shite and that they are inferior to the UAD versions but I have read comments in other forums claiming that these are just as good or even better than the UAD and Waves equivalents.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:39 pm

Ooooo, 5 for 1?

What next??? :D

Mehalic

Post by Mehalic » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Hopefully they give us the shell!!
MM
Symbolic Studio's
K-DUB

SoundCloud Account

slirak

Post by slirak » Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:58 pm

Mehalic wrote:Hopefully they give us the shell!!
What's the point of the shell? Does it do anything you can't do with Live's racks? Haven't tried it so I'm curious.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Free reverb next! wwooooohoooo

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:15 pm

Damn... these numbers are flying. Just woke up (had a late, late night... ).

Here's the latest...

IK: 1606 (only 396 more till we get the CSR Hall and 23 days to get there)

Esoundz: 549 (only 51 more till we max the benefits of buying through esoundz... 3 RAW packs for everyone!).

As for the shell... it does do things that you can't do with racks, I'm just not good at explaining this as I'm still new to T-Racks too. I'll post video links here for anyone interested..

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:17 pm

Alright... so IKmultimedia has their own youtube channel.

On the right column you'll see a link for T-Racks... there are several videos to explore and I don't think you'll feel like you've just sacrificed part of your life having watched them.

Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/user/ikmultimedi ... 53FE25B6B0

nebulae

Post by nebulae » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:15 pm

wait, I'm confused...do I buy this thru Esoundz, or thru IK? I have T-Racks 1.3, so I can get an upgrade with 25% off. Should I do that, or use the group buy?

kenporter

Post by kenporter » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:24 pm

I'd say do the Group Buy through esoundz. You'll get 2 or 3 RAW packs sample libraries. plus $25 off your next purchase.

That's what I would do. :)

Ken

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:27 pm

nebulae wrote:wait, I'm confused...do I buy this thru Esoundz, or thru IK? I have T-Racks 1.3, so I can get an upgrade with 25% off. Should I do that, or use the group buy?
How much do you have to pay for your upgrade?

Upgrading to Deluxe would for sure give you the Shell and the Standalone. There is not any guarantee you will get this through the Singles group buy, all though we've been assured it's in discussion (without promises though).

You can buy all the singles through esoundz for $174 (IF you purchase in two different transactions) and I'm guessing your upgrade/crossgrade price is about $225? So $51 difference?

Also... how much do the RAW packs matter to you? I only use loops when beta testing fx software.... they're very useful for that, so I prefer getting them free. Also, by using the referral method at esoundz you can't get yourself another $10 in epointz (cannot be applied to the Singles purchase).

KainProject

Post by KainProject » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:51 pm

If you buy it now, you get 5 for 1, right. But if the deal goes to 6 for 1 + the verb do you still get that if purchased at the 5 for 1 mark? This is confusing.
Did people who signed up early and got 2 for 1 get 3 extra by now?

elxicano

Post by elxicano » Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:53 pm

KainProject wrote:If you buy it now, you get 5 for 1, right. But if the deal goes to 6 for 1 + the verb do you still get that if purchased at the 5 for 1 mark? This is confusing.
Did people who signed up early and got 2 for 1 get 3 extra by now?

It doesn't make a difference when you sign up... everyone will get the same deal until August 31st.

The one thing to consider is that the 6th plugin is ONLY CSR Hall and not a 6th plugin + CSR Hall. So the maximum number of T-Racks plugins you can get with just one purchase is 5 for 1, and then the bonus is CSR hall.