OT: The Antlers - Hospice

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
PLacidBasilisk

OT: The Antlers - Hospice

Post by PLacidBasilisk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:18 pm

Has anyone else been listening to this record? I CANNOT for the life of me get the song "Two" out of my head, it's really great but so damn catchy and singable. Whole album is a bit of a downer as it's a concept slbum about a loved one fighting a losing struggle with cancer, but it's incredibly beautiful in places. Especially "Two"...

sparklepuff

Re: OT: The Antlers - Hospice

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:02 pm

Hahaha, shit, I was in that band. I'll pass this along to Peter that his stuff is being loved there in New Zealand. How'd you discover it, by the way?
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:29 pm

sparklepuff wrote:Hahaha, shit, I was in that band. I'll pass this along to Peter that his stuff is being loved there in New Zealand. How'd you discover it, by the way?
Pitchfork's been talking a little bit about it. To be honest, I was intrigued when I read the write-up -- I think I'll have to take a listen.

PLacidBasilisk

Post by PLacidBasilisk » Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 pm

No shit! That's awesome. What did you play and why did you leave? I take it it was a friendly departure... Indeed I did find out about them on pitchfork, they made it onto "Best new music" which is a pretty big break for any upcoming band so I imagine things will get pretty big for them from here on in. Tell Peter to come to New Zealand already!

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:34 pm

Guitar and keys. My work got in the way of being able to commit. Yes, definitely friendly departure. Hopefully I don't end up with a case of the Pete Best's. Just kidding.

Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

PLacidBasilisk

Post by PLacidBasilisk » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:57 am

So that's you on the left? Nice sunnies! I'm curious to know more about the band... Juicy personal details included. Is the sick character in the album based on anyone? And were you all music students at NYU? I'm considering taking a stab at the Tisch recorded music school in the near future. Know anyone who's been through there?

PLacidBasilisk

Post by PLacidBasilisk » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:22 pm

There's a feature on the new album on the abc website http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=8348160

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:41 pm

It got 3 1/2 stars in AM New York this morning.