For Sale: In LA area, Elektron MachineDrum SPS-mkII

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Semuta

For Sale: In LA area, Elektron MachineDrum SPS-mkII

Post by Semuta » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:31 pm

I've only had it a year, and I love it dearly... It's a great machine, but at this point, I need the money more.

I'd like to get 1400 for it (it's in mint condition), but I'll entertain reasonable offers.

I'll be in the LA area on the 12th of this month, so if you're interested, please get word to me here, and I'll set about contacting you.

Thanks,

S
http://www.semuta.com
Ableton Suite 9 : Push : Maschine : Komplete 8 Ultimate : Sugar Bundle : Diva

Johnisfaster

Re: For Sale: In LA area, Elektron MachineDrum SPS-mkII

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:14 am

from the elektron site
PRICE: $1440 / €1190
THAT´S INCLUDING SHIPPING, WORLDWIDE!

you're asking for $40 less than a new one. Add the gas it'll take someone to drive across LA to get it and it doesn't quite sound like a good deal.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Semuta

Post by Semuta » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:51 am

Well, it's what you'd get from Sweden, today. I agree that the price is premium, but that's what I'd like to get...

Feel free to make an offer! As I am in need of cash at this point, if you make the best offer, I'm likely to accept it.

Thanks for checking it out.

You can reach me by phone at 602-705-9132.

S

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:22 am

I'm sorry I just don't understand, I'm not trying to be a prick here but do you honestly think you can sell it for $40 less than new when it's a year old? in todays economy? I'm serious I'm not saying this just to be a prick about it, it just baffles me that's all.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

Semuta

Post by Semuta » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:39 am

What do you want me to say beyond asking you to offer what you think is fair?

Are you interested at all, or are you simply here to argue the semantics of my post?

Again, thanks for having a look.

S

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:54 am

Semuta wrote:What do you want me to say beyond asking you to offer what you think is fair?

Are you interested at all, or are you simply here to argue the semantics of my post?

Again, thanks for having a look.

S
I would love to see how this turns out Jif please say something else Semutas handling this pretty damn good.

john gordon

Post by john gordon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:13 am

maybe i should step in here.

Post by 1.6180339887 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:14 am

WELCOME TO FAIRYLAND
a+b is to a as a is to b

soundwave

Post by soundwave » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:03 am

Johnisfaster wrote: I'm sorry I just don't understand I am not not trying to be a prick here but...
That's exactly what you are. And if you don't understand, you're really stupid.

It is his business to ask how much he wants, no? what's really idiotic, is that you're not even interested in his machinedrum, so just mind your own Bs...:wink:

@ semuta, why don't you (try) to sell it on the elektron users site?
http://elektron-users.com/index.php
Familiarity Breeds Contempt

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:14 am

right well, if I wanted a machinedrum I think I'd take a brand new one for $40 more.

Originally I was pointing out the price difference in case he wasn't aware of the current new price, you know.. in the essence of being helpful? then I was just trying to figure out why he thought his was worth so much. But apparently people just like getting pissed off when people don't agree with them.

I was having a conversation about it people, if a person can't say "wow thats a steep price" then apparently we just can't have an honest conversation around here.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:16 am

edit:

I'll leave you guys to your patting each other on the back.

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:22 pm

... not to mention that you can buy a brand new one from Analogue Haven or Big City for $1400

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:35 pm

but electronic drum machines appreciate over time apparentely. 808s are selling for upwards of $1500 these days on ebay when they originally sold for $1000.

and what about cars? what's a cherry '66 mustang going for these days? they originally sold for less than $3000.

i know those are totally different situations in both cases, but if he's hardly used this, it could be worth $1400 to somebody. not saying i'd pay it, but someone may. probably not from this forum now...

and if you were to buy a brand new one from analogue haven and were a california resident, you'd be paying 9.25% sales tax on top of that $1400 which is about $130 more.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:21 pm

the reason those are expensive is because they arent in production man

this still is

starving student

Post by starving student » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:45 pm

I've always wondered about this cause when I'm trying to sell something and someone not intrested adds their imput it usualy bugs me but then when I'm trying to buy something and someone more informed steps in to add something I usualy appreciate it. I think it makes sense to take into account JiFs history around here he's usualy more than helpful so I can easily believe he wasn't trying to be a prick. I guess this means that as humans alot of times we want to have it both ways, kind of like healthcare, we want it as cheap as we can get from the government, but to not have to get it from the government. so please don't let our machine drum lust make us forget how much we appreciate Johnisfaster around here.

one thing about the machine drum people who have them love them and people who sell them usualy regret it, I like your setup semuta it looks lean and very functional.