Barack Obama is inventing Time Travel

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Emissary

Re: Barack Obama is inventing Time Travel

Post by Emissary » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:40 am

America is so borked. Its going to be funny watching shit collapse while you all sit and eat too much/work out too much and watch the tv tell you everything is ok.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:42 am

hahaha sarcasm + internet = 60 percent chance of confusion

america is going to be fine. the countries that rely on us however...

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:50 am

^ go easy now. truth hurts. pain has a way of pissin people off. :|

"feelings, nothing more than feelings..."

amar yadav

Post by amar yadav » Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:12 am

really Obamas election was historical....

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:09 am

Tone Deft wrote:
starving student wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I'd like to go back to before Thu Dec 09, 2004.
that might work out for both of us :mrgreen: :wink:

@porfiry, h20, and hurling you guys are killing me :lol:

I wonder if on political forums people get enraged when someone brings up what music they listen to
you think you're political? :lol:
not at all, that's why I only post here. :)

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 am

Tone Deft wrote:I'd love to read Starving Student's take on health care reform, he's political!
it's not rocket science so you might not understand, you being a rocket scientist, my opinion is the lesser of two evils should win support, although I'm willing to try what either or any side suggest at least once to see how it pans out, the 'right' suggest that the insurance companies will regulate themselves and that competition amongst themselves will be enough to ensure healthcare nirvana with the free market their like god to make sure jesus visits you in the hospital for almost no cost at all. the reason why I support another side right now is because we've already tried that as in 'now' and it hasn't worked so time to try something else, it's as if the right is saying lets try what we're already doing, and my response is ok lets already did then.

if that's not articulate enough for the engineering degree you have then I'll gladly read the contents off the back of a box of jello pudding for you.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:19 am

starving student wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:you think you're political? :lol:
not at all, that's why I only post here. :)
then you're not musical either. 'sup with these threads man? you used to post about mpcs and Live, now you make threads about anything but music.

not trying to be a dick or tell you what to post but these threads about nothing really dilute the forum and make it harder to find the threads about Live and music. it's noise added to the signal. do you see other people doing this? no, 'cause it's not cool.

do as you please, of course, just my $0.01. I'm no moderator or authority figure, just another dork on the web. I do like to talk about Live, that's why I read and post here. some of the OT is interesting and I post in those but I do appreciate having a Live forum.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:25 am

starving student wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I'd love to read Starving Student's take on health care reform, he's political!
it's not rocket science so you might not understand, you being a rocket scientist, my opinion is the lesser of two evils should win support, although I'm willing to try what either or any side suggest at least once to see how it pans out, the 'right' suggest that the insurance companies will regulate themselves and that competition amongst themselves will be enough to ensure healthcare nirvana with the free market their like god to make sure jesus visits you in the hospital for almost no cost at all. the reason why I support another side right now is because we've already tried that as in 'now' and it hasn't worked so time to try something else, it's as if the right is saying lets try what we're already doing, and my response is ok lets already did then.

if that's not articulate enough for the engineering degree you have then I'll gladly read the contents off the back of a box of jello pudding for you.
mmmmm puuuuuuding...

I'd say it's much more difficult than rocket science. next to the banking mess it's one of the biggest, hardest to understand things out there.

the world has felt the effects of Bush's deregulation, it's a cornerstone of Republican thinking, clearly he took it too far. I don't know if it's safe to assume he/they did the same to the health care industry but I'd say it's a safe bet. I only say that because I'd love to get a simple straightforward overview of the healthcare system, the basic facts with no bias but those are hard to come by, lots of distortion.

as a lefty I have heard and been swayed by the f-ed up stories of people being denied coverage, overpriced medications, people being turned away from hospitals and all that. the system is totally f-ed up as it is now. OK, so how do we know a change would be the right thing? as you wrote, one didn't work, let's look at the other.

stay healthy!!
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:33 am

i dunno tone, my post math seems a little different than yours
upon searching my profile/ post on the first page goes like this.
so is this personal or am I just lucky?

obama
beatrepeat
gender roles
Live as a compositional tool
machinedrum
ableton live groove features
snakes and cats
session drum midi controller

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:37 am

nothing personal man, it's just a forum.

I was referencing the threads you start, not all your posts. there have been a lot of OT random threads, it gets annoying. yes, I post in many of them so I can't be all that tied up about it.

just my $0.02. nothing serious or personal. thought I'd speak up sooner or later, ya know?
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:42 am

Tone Deft wrote:
starving student wrote:

mmmmm puuuuuuding...

I'd say it's much more difficult than rocket science. next to the banking mess it's one of the biggest, hardest to understand things out there.

the world has felt the effects of Bush's deregulation, it's a cornerstone of Republican thinking, clearly he took it too far. I don't know if it's safe to assume he/they did the same to the health care industry but I'd say it's a safe bet. I only say that because I'd love to get a simple straightforward overview of the healthcare system, the basic facts with no bias but those are hard to come by, lots of distortion.

as a lefty I have heard and been swayed by the f-ed up stories of people being denied coverage, overpriced medications, people being turned away from hospitals and all that. the system is totally f-ed up as it is now. OK, so how do we know a change would be the right thing? as you wrote, one didn't work, let's look at the other.

stay healthy!!
I think folks are getting to caught up in what won't work next, this is a nation of free people, if something doesn't work we should be able to change it and try something else, we're not suppose to be perfect but we are suppose to be able to learn from our mistakes but we can't make any mistakes, learn from them, and make things any better if we are not allowed to try different directions or ideas. it's obvious during any healthcare coverage that we're all to focused on being john wayne or captain america
we're looooosin america, becoming like the rest of the so called not as high and mighty like us other countries,, do you know most of the people screaming about russia know as much about russia and russians as sarah palin, we're all distracted with the thought that our red white and blue toilet tissue doesn't have any stink on it, , well none of that is the point. let somebody else try something else and if it doesn't work then let some other body else try some other something else and see if that does the trick but get the fuck on with the job.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:44 am

Tone Deft wrote:there have been a lot of OT random threads,
luckily everything has been covered in OT except healthcare, lets try and smudge out the discussion by posting irrelevant pictures of music gear

kitty playing theremin

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:45 am

alls i'm sayin

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:48 am

starving student wrote:alls i'm sayin
alls im sayin.

starving student

Post by starving student » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 am

Tone Deft wrote:nothing personal man, it's just a forum.

I was referencing the threads you start, not all your posts. there have been a lot of OT random threads, it gets annoying. yes, I post in many of them so I can't be all that tied up about it.

just my $0.02. nothing serious or personal. thought I'd speak up sooner or later, ya know?
that's cool, cause I thought we was cool maaaan, i did everything I could to not let my pinky finger hit the speed dial for John Gordon.... you know he's in your area and he loves to regulate :lol: