Lives sound engine argument again ...

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Stromkraft

Re: Lives sound engine argument again ...

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:59 am

Martyn wrote:If you don't like something about Live's sound quality just use another DAW, it really is as simple as that.

It's great that we have so much choice between such fantastic software these days, we really are spoiled to the point of bickering about such finite details, look back at what the Beatles used to make albums with!
You mean details like
"Developed in association with Abbey Road Studios, Waves’ Abbey Road Collection features a lineup of exquisite plugins that meticulously model the fabled studios’ legendary microphones, consoles, tape machines and signature effects, as heard on countless historic recordings and pop masterpieces."
Waves Abbey Road Collection

:D
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:04 am

Machinesworking wrote:
Thanks a lot for keeping the Ableton team wrapped up in getting 64 bit audio engines etc. instead of improving the little things.
I trust that Ableton will keep making sound decisions on what to focus on fully unconcerned about mythomaniac ramblings.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:08 am

sampletanker wrote: my vocal tracks in LIVE 7 [are] poor. but, when do bring the audio track files from ACID into a track in LIVE, it sounds good during export. don't know why

There you go, sampletanker. If everything else being equal…
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:13 am

SubFunk wrote:
Ok, some things are obvious! I cant say that live's reverb is better that logic's lol... but you know what i mean!
Live's reverb is first class if you need the sound of a fart in a coke can... i agree!

:lol:

no, i hear you! yeah some of the Live plugs are very cool, they are all usable... and we can argue and discuss them to death...
I use Convolution Reverb Pro. You have a problem with that? :wink:
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:17 am

Moot point not time relevant either, so deleted.
Last edited by Stromkraft on Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:23 am

UKRuss wrote: My suspicion is that those who make inferior sounding music in Live simply lack the production skills to make their music sound good enough.
I'd say this is a fact. Unless you gain stage for example, it's very possible to unintentionally overdrive plug-ins or simply lack the headroom to improve the sound in the final master stage. Before I started to gain stage everything, it really did sound like shit. Was that because of Live? No, that was me.

Don't pretend you're a master engineer*. Accept that you're not and start your journey toward becoming one. You can't fix what you don't acknowledge.

*And if you are one already, don't pretend. Just be.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:27 am

silveriofunk wrote: i use both live and traktor and i have complained before here that when djing or playing live if someone before you comes using traktor or vynil or whatever and you use live they'll have the volume at 5 and you will probably need it at 9 in order to compensate and so that people hear at the same volume but i'm just talking volume here
This statement alone place you among the assuming and clueless. Are you sure that's where you want to be?

One little question, do you know about something called "mastering"? That's a hint.
Make some music!

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends

Post by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:47 am

Last edited by ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends on Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:50 am

ohigetbywithalittlehelpfrommyfriends wrote:
Stromkraft wrote:
leedsquietman wrote:
REVERB - all of the competition now have decent quality convolution reverbs. Live's reverb - polarizes people - you either love it or hate it.
And Live Suite has Convolution Reverb and Convolution Reverb Pro. You think that's sounds iffy? Maybe time to get the wax out your ears then. I think these are up there with the best and most useful. Not just for reverb either with third party convolution files, like my own.
-stromkraft, just to let you know, leedsquietman passed a way a few years ago. move on
The dead can't reply or defend themselves. Smdh.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:54 am

evon wrote: Really mean it this time...see you all on the next topic.
When you lack the arguments you throw in the towel to prove this. Thanks for playing, Evon. You're out.
Make some music!

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:04 am

Stromkraft wrote:
leedsquietman wrote:
REVERB - all of the competition now have decent quality convolution reverbs. Live's reverb - polarizes people - you either love it or hate it.
And Live Suite has Convolution Reverb and Convolution Reverb Pro. You think that's sounds iffy? Maybe time to get the wax out your ears then. I think these are up there with the best and most useful. Not just for reverb either with third party convolution files, like my own.
-stromkraft, just to let you know, leedsquietman passed a way a few years ago. move on
Oh, I'm sorry, I had no idea. Another man whose records I used to play just passed away. At some point I know I must learn to accept this. It's hard though.
Make some music!

eyeknow

Post by eyeknow » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:06 am

I almost spit my tequila out onto my monitor when I saw cperezzzz's name on here :x

Stromkraft

Post by Stromkraft » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:13 am

kb420 wrote:
No, that's true but that someone in their fifties a few years later now has passed away is not the first thing that comes to mind in the time warp that is online discussion. Talking about time warps I saw Interstellar last night.
Make some music!

kb420

Post by kb420 » Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:55 am

Stromkraft wrote:
kb420 wrote:
No, that's true but that someone in their fifties a few years later now has passed away is not the first thing that comes to mind in the time warp that is online discussion. Talking about time warps I saw Interstellar last night.
Was it good? I haven't heard anybody talking about it, but it looks like it may be excellent.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger..........."
-Friedrich Nietzsche-

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Stromkraft wrote:
leedsquietman wrote:
:| even if leeds was still with us... this thread is talking about Live somewhere in the ball park of 4 years before it came with a convolution reverb. Live 9 wasn't released in 2009... at best you can claim beta testing and squeak by with 2012, but you still have to consider that Max4Live was an addon then and is very much required to make that "included" convo verb work.

damn dude, what's with the attack stance in the string of replies to these old ass posts? feeling the need to validate?