DONT EVER BUY M AUDIO- SHIT QUALITY

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Tweaking Knobs

DONT EVER BUY M AUDIO- SHIT QUALITY

Post by Tweaking Knobs » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:43 pm

this mutha fuckers at m audio sale shit like the ozonic with even dough they know its a piece of shit that can fuck your computer by just turning it on or off , and they still sold it.

I hope this shit company goes bankrupt

the faders drop out if you move them , it sends shortcuted midi.

Fuck m audio.

Ableton shouldnt make bussines with mediacre companies that sale shit products.

cacti

Re: DONT EVER BUY M AUDIO- SHIT QUALITY

Post by cacti » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:48 pm

care to expand a little?

sampletanker

Post by sampletanker » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:48 pm

all this hatred is ruining my love for female Live users.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:50 pm

This is big news and all very shocking as nothing bad has been said about m-audio gear before EVER.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:51 pm

my experience with them is this

oxygen 8 v2 =piece of shit never worked right

axiom 61 = bigger piece of shit, knobs are just for show they dont actually do anything

trigger finger= :D :D :D :D amazing

Hidden Driveways

Post by Hidden Driveways » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:10 pm

My experience with Emma:

1 = Delta 10/10 - amazing sound quality, little rings fell out of the TRS inputs, but the damn still worked fine

2 = Ozonic - It does have hot swapping issues, but most things FireWire shouldn't be hot swapped anyhow. Issue is clearly stated in manual. Many other things are odd and too complex for their own good about the Ozonic, but I still think it's cool for what it is.

3 = IE 40 Earbuds - Nice sound. Horrible thick, stiff, and twisty wires. By far the least comfortable things I've ever stuck in my ears.

4 = Octane - Pure :D :D :D :!:

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:13 pm

Take a look at all of their products, and then take a look at what their competition is selling. Notice that in most cases, the competition is more expensive. Not to say that there aren't really good deals to be found and that more money = more quality all of the time, but generally you get exactly what you pay for. M-Audio stuff is inexpensive and the quality suffers as a side effect. Unless you're buying a Rode Mic (and there are other isolated instances I'm sure) if you're not spending the most, you're not buying the best.

If you want better gear, get ready to open your wallet. If you can't afford better then either deal with stuff like M-Audio products, or find a cheaper hobby.

KainProject

Post by KainProject » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm very happy with my ProFire 2626
Nice configuration program on the PC/Mac and never had any audio hiccups at all, also I have only 17ms latency when bringing in external audio, you can't even tell.
I'm also happy with the Axiom 61, tho the rotary knobs are a bit rough, it dose the job well.
So I personally have no bad experience with their gear.
hurlingdervish wrote: axiom 61 = bigger piece of shit, knobs are just for show they dont actually do anything
If you program them they would...

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:22 pm

only had a few things M-audio...

Micro Track 2496 (the first version) works as it should, wish it was black.
IE30... they sound pretty good if they are inserted properly in your ears but pretty uncomfortable as all in-ear phones are.
bx5a.. never really happy with these.
midisport 4x4 (not anniversary edition)... pissed off that they still haven't released vista 64 drivers for this.. so if anyone wants to buy it from me, let me know!

probably won't buy anything m-audio in the future.

hurlingdervish

Post by hurlingdervish » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:47 pm

KainProject wrote:
hurlingdervish wrote: axiom 61 = bigger piece of shit, knobs are just for show they dont actually do anything
If you program them they would...
not an idiot man

i just dont see the point of having a knob with notches in it. it annoyed the piss out of me

the most redeeming factor on the thing were the slides

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:51 pm

I have an NRV10 and an Axiom 25... my issue with Maudio is not the hardware which I have always found to be sturdy and reliable enough... it is with their OS X drivers... AWFUL. They are the worst ever!
Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz, 2gig Ram, OS 10.5, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC40

senator adam

Post by senator adam » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Radium49 and Trigger Finger. Played them out tons and beat the crap out of them. The sliders are starting to go out on both of them, but the knobs and the keys/pads work flawlessly still...
My tunes (triphop/downtempo/beats):
http://www.thenewlaw.com

My podcast:
http://www.senatoradam.com

xzusa8ky

Post by xzusa8ky » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:16 pm

HATE THEM TOO!

My Firewire 410 is a piece of crap! After 2 months of use one of the green leds is lightning up all the time on channel 3? But one of the biggest problems is their drivers! They sucks just soo BIG! The soundcard crashes most times when i want to use it and i have to pull the firewire cable out before it works!? i will never buy a product from this FUCK YOU M-AUDIO company! and my m-audio keystation 49 is also a piece of crap! Now one of the black keys doesent work anymore!

Thanks for the wasted times and non support for your own customours....... :twisted:
Bitwig/1.0.5 - Ableton/Live 8 - Apple/MacPro-2.8Ghz-8Core-RAID - Samsung/SM-P2770H 27" - Yamaha/HS80M/HS10W - Behringer/BCR/BCF - Allen & Heath/Xone:3D - Sennheiser/HD25-13 - Native Instruments/Komplete9/Traktor Pro

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 pm

Are you guys using updated drivers, cause I have the FW-410, Trigger Finger, Axiom 25, Axiom 61 and Torq Connectiv, ALL working flawlessly... for years.

And for guy with green light on FW-410, you may have a video-card that is creating a low level hum in your system. I had that on my last PC system. Dirty electricity could cause that too, also overworked PC power supply.

abletoff

Post by abletoff » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 pm

I still hate my 1814 even if it works quite ok even with w7 beta drivers. The dmp3 preamp, now discontinued, was awesome.
Live 9 Suite, audio trackles (several audio tracks that crackle)