inglorious bastards!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Johnisfaster

inglorious bastards!

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:24 am

What a fantastic nazi killing movie that was. I loved it. The end of the movie is right up there with some of the best horror film scenes you're likely to ever see. And it's funny as all hell too.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

toxictobi

Re: inglorious bastards!

Post by toxictobi » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:39 am

yepp, saw it yesterday. absolutely great movie and so funny :mrgreen:
Christoph Waltz playing "Hans Landa" should really get an oscar!

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:02 am

his best film by far. very talky, but you dont care. the bar scene is a classic. the only minor minor criticism was the bowie track as part of the soundtrack. other than that everything fit like a glove.

Post by 1.6180339887 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:05 am

Oh God.

I am NOT looking forward to watching this assured travesty.

And now you guys are ranting & raving about it, it's travesty status is pretty much confirmed.
a+b is to a as a is to b

nuperspective
Location: was: accrington [england]. now: melbourne [australia]

Post by nuperspective » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:34 am

dont worry its quality.

sidownes

Post by sidownes » Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:00 pm

the trailer looks absolutely terrible. Tarantino lost it a long time ago. I might catch it in a few years when it's on TV.
http://www.thesoundofyoungamerica.com
http://www.myspace.com/soundofyoungamerica

MacBook Pro, guitars, Live Suite 8.2, launchpad, iphone

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:21 pm

1.6180339887 wrote:Oh God.

And now you guys are ranting & raving about it, it's travesty status is pretty much confirmed.
Why would you even watch it then? So that you can bitch about it once you do?

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:12 pm

Because he is a troll.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:36 pm

nuperspective wrote:the only minor minor criticism was the bowie track as part of the soundtrack.
It seems to me like having elements that don't 100% fit perfectly is often the point with his movies. The song did seem a tiny bit awkward in the movie but at the same time it seemed slightly humorous which I'm sure he was going for. Maybe even poking a little fun at the whole montauge (spelling?) thing.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERTSPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

there was a moment in the movie with the most beautiful visual of the black guy standing there waiting to kill everyone with a mountain of film in front of him. Almost like Tarantino was trying to say "we'll kill them with film" which was just beautiful.

SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

jeffplaysmoog

Post by jeffplaysmoog » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:45 pm

KICK ASS. That is really all I can say without spoiling it for everyone.
Mac Book Pro 2.33ghz, 2gig Ram, OS 10.5, Ableton Live 8 Suite, APC40

Post by 1.6180339887 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:20 pm

outershpongolia wrote:
1.6180339887 wrote:Oh God.

Why would you even watch it then? So that you can bitch about it once you do?
Well - don't worry, I won't be paying for a cinema ticket or dvd rental, so the only disappointment I'll feel is in the sorry fact that Tarantino is sliding ever further, like a steaming soft turd, down the porcelain toilet bowl of his career.

It's academic, donchaknow.
a+b is to a as a is to b

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:55 pm

Did Tarantino shit in your cereal or something?

Still can't go wrong with Reservoir Dogs, he's paid his dues now let him do what he wants.

Trollin', clownin', same thing.

Post by 1.6180339887 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:07 pm

outershpongolia wrote:Did Tarantino shit in your cereal or something?

Still can't go wrong with Reservoir Dogs, he's paid his dues now let him do what he wants.
Ya, he did shit in my cereal.

Of course you can't go wrong with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction is a timeless master-piece and Jackie Brown was OK - everything else has been a dookie in my cheerios. And as I put it so succinctly in my steaming-soft-turd-sliding-down-a-toilet-bowl analogy, he's gotten progressively worse with each release since.

I'm not trying to stop him from doing what he wants. I'm just lamenting the slow agonising death of a one-time genius.

:cry:
a+b is to a as a is to b

Post by 1.6180339887 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 8:53 pm

Rave wrote:
1.6180339887 wrote:
outershpongolia wrote:Did Tarantino shit in your cereal or something?

Ya, he did shit in my cereal.

Of course you can't go wrong with Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction is a timeless master-piece and Jackie Brown was OK - everything else has been a dookie in my cheerios. And as I put it so succinctly in my steaming-soft-turd-sliding-down-a-toilet-bowl analogy, he's gotten progressively worse with each release since.

I'm not trying to stop him from doing what he wants. I'm just lamenting the slow agonising death of a one-time genius.

:cry:

Be honest here you didn't quite put it that way originally.
Do you know how a conversation works ?

1:I said I wasn't looking forward to watching it
2:He asked why I'd watch it if I wasn't looking forward to it
3:I explained, and included an analogy
4:He said Quentin can do what he likes since he made Reservoir Dogs
5:I agreed Reservoir Dogs is great, and in fact Pulp Fiction is a master-piece - and referred him back to my analogy at stage 3.

Hope that clears it up for you.
a+b is to a as a is to b

Post by 1.6180339887 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:09 pm

Ummm... I know you're trying to, I dunno, highlight a contradiction or something. But I'm not seeing it.

Care to elaborate ? (if at all possible)
a+b is to a as a is to b