Clip Launching Question! Please help!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mersault

Clip Launching Question! Please help!

Post by mersault » Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:59 pm

I'm somewhat new to the clip view, but I've been using Live since Live4. I might just be too used to the arrangement view so this question may be ridiculous or pointless to some.

Anyway, here's the question - If I have a long "clip" - a couple of minutes long - Is there a simple way to make it so the next clip launches after its finished? ...without doing it manually. in otherwords, in the same way that I can set it to play the next clip on beat - at the end of whatever bar. So I can launch the next clip at any point during this long clip and it will automatically wait until the long clip is completely finished.

Also, can I drop clip markers on clips in the sample display? It seems like I can't. I like to change the loop points live in the clip view while a clip is running during live sets.

Your help is so appreciated! By the way, I'm preparing for my first APC40 live set! -- which has been the inspiration to the change in "views".

Slightlydelic

Re: Clip Launching Question! Please help!

Post by Slightlydelic » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:38 pm

follow action in the clip peramiters will allow you to move from one clip to the next automaticly.

mersault

Post by mersault » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:42 pm

yes, but what if they are on different tracks? - and I just want to fire the next line? - for the purpose of different plug-ins, sends, etc. I realize I didn't specify that before. Sorry, but thanks for the response anyhow.

tromo

Post by tromo » Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:50 pm

mersault wrote:yes, but what if they are on different tracks? - and I just want to fire the next line? - for the purpose of different plug-ins, sends, etc. I realize I didn't specify that before. Sorry, but thanks for the response anyhow.
you could add a dummy clip above the second track (but in the same row as the first track) and set it to the same length or have it repeat however many times you need for them to be the same length, with the follow action on the dummy clip and just use the play scene button to start the sequence.