Global groove needs to come back for LIVE beat making!

Share what you’d like to see added to Ableton Live.
Emissary

Re: Global groove needs to come back for LIVE beat making!

Post by Emissary » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:25 pm

so basically the work around for this is

load live 7
assign a midi control to the global groove
save
open in live 8
save as template.

then you have control over your global groove

Ernst

Post by Ernst » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Ok, that sounds really interesting. Have to check it out.
Emissary wrote:so basically the work around for this is

load live 7
save
open in live 8
save as template.

Ernst

Post by Ernst » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:15 pm

Nope, that doesn't work. Yeah, your midi cc is still assigned to groove amount but it only works for clips already recorded. If you record anything new you still have to grab the mouse and assign a groove to the clip after you've recorded it.
Emissary wrote:so basically the work around for this is

load live 7
save
open in live 8
save as template.

Ernst

Post by Ernst » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:36 am

Bump for Ableton...

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:04 am

Global groove amount is still there. What you want is a DEFAULT GROOVE option, which is indeed not available anymore. It's already on the wishlist, but I can't promise anything (as always).

Best,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 am

Nico in da hause! :D

Nico, how on the wishlist is it?

It is such a nice feature!

Hd

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:13 pm

heavensdaw wrote:Nico in da hause! :D

Nico, how on the wishlist is it?

It is such a nice feature!

Hd
Well, if I'd have to decide about it, it would be number one on the wishlist! Oh wait...that's Session View automation, followed by time-stretching for Simpler/Sampler, comping, configurable macro controls in racks and ... and ... hmmm...I can't decide! ;)

No, honestly, it's on one of these "to do" lists of useful/necessary improvements of existing features, but I really don't know if, how or when this will be implemented. I'd rather not expect it for Live 8, but that's just my gut feeling.

Best,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

Ernst

Post by Ernst » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:08 pm

Thank you for letting us know you guys have it on your list already. I do want to stress though that this isn't a wish for a new feature, just to bring back something fundamental that was taken away. Something that's crucial for the "live" aspect of Live. Therefore I'm hoping it would be closer to the top of the list than adding something new like time-stretching for simpler...

Well, if I'd have to decide about it, it would be number one on the wishlist! Oh wait...that's Session View automation, followed by time-stretching for Simpler/Sampler, comping, configurable macro controls in racks and ... and ... hmmm...I can't decide! ;)

No, honestly, it's on one of these "to do" lists of useful/necessary improvements of existing features, but I really don't know if, how or when this will be implemented. I'd rather not expect it for Live 8, but that's just my gut feeling.

Best,
Nico

contakt321

Post by contakt321 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 pm

[nis] wrote:
Great minds think alike :)

[nis]

Post by [nis] » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:36 am

Ernst wrote:Thank you for letting us know you guys have it on your list already. I do want to stress though that this isn't a wish for a new feature, just to bring back something fundamental that was taken away. Something that's crucial for the "live" aspect of Live. Therefore I'm hoping it would be closer to the top of the list than adding something new like time-stretching for simpler...
What I wanted to stress out in my (slightly ironic) post is that we have loads (aka thousands) of feature requests and that we can't take care of all of them or at least can't prioritize every single feature wish as you personally want to see it prioritized. I'm not saying that time-stretching for Simpler/Sampler has a higher priority. Sorry if that wasn't obvious in my previous post. As I mentioned before, we've got your concern noted on one of our more important lists and this means that it's very likely that a useful default groove function will find its way back into Live as soon as possible, but please also understand that we can't make everyone happy and that we can never ever promise anything in advance. You asked for an official response. I responded as good and as honest as I can be. I believe that a straightforward answer is more useful for you than making any false promises that we can't fulfill, even if this may not be the answer that you were looking for.

Best,
Nico
Nico Starke
Ableton Product Team

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:13 am

[nis] wrote:
Ernst wrote:Thank you for letting us know you guys have it on your list already. I do want to stress though that this isn't a wish for a new feature, just to bring back something fundamental that was taken away. Something that's crucial for the "live" aspect of Live. Therefore I'm hoping it would be closer to the top of the list than adding something new like time-stretching for simpler...
What I wanted to stress out in my (slightly ironic) post is that we have loads (aka thousands) of feature requests and that we can't take care of all of them or at least can't prioritize every single feature wish as you personally want to see it prioritized. I'm not saying that time-stretching for Simpler/Sampler has a higher priority. Sorry if that wasn't obvious in my previous post. As I mentioned before, we've got your concern noted on one of our more important lists and this means that it's very likely that a useful default groove function will find its way back into Live as soon as possible, but please also understand that we can't make everyone happy and that we can never ever promise anything in advance. You asked for an official response. I responded as good and as honest as I can be. I believe that a straightforward answer is more useful for you than making any false promises that we can't fulfill, even if this may not be the answer that you were looking for.

Best,
Nico
Nico.. This response is awesome. Why? It's friendly, clear and honest!
As well as imvho creating the best music software on the planet and probably the entire cosmic universe.. This open, commuicative interaction is totally admired and respected here!

KUDOS...

Hd

Ernst

Post by Ernst » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:35 am

I totally got the irony and of course understand what you are saying. Was just being a bit of a smart ass. Your honest response is very much appreciated. "...this means that it's very likely that a useful default groove function will find its way back into Live as soon as possible..." -That's exactly what I was hoping to hear.

Cheers,

//E

Best,
Nico

Willyum

Post by Willyum » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:30 am

[nis] wrote:

Best,
Nico
OK, with all that you wrote, the only thing I saw was "I'm not saying that time-stretching for Simpler/Sampler has a higher priority."

Look buddy, we been lobbying for this since about Live 3... Are we being put on the back burner once again?

mikeydorje

Post by mikeydorje » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:33 pm

Just wanted to quickly voice my opinion here and say that I am another user who REALLY needs the "ability to change the default groove" feature added (restored)...so i hope it happens sooner than later. Thanks! :)

Idonotlikebroccoli

Post by Idonotlikebroccoli » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:56 am

Bump. Having to add groove to every single new track is tedious.