wtf?? Great new synth only available in Aus??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Sage

Re: wtf?? Great new synth only available in Aus??

Post by Sage » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 pm

earthloop wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:Lol looks great! If I ever travel to the USA I will have to check out 'hippy hill'! And I have played cricket stoned : hilarious but also dangerous as the cricket ball is very hard!!! :lol:
Just had a thought because of this, stoned rugby... now how funny would that be to watch (stoned of course), instead of a ball, the world's largest bag of space raiders.

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Because of their lack of health and safety law the Indians have the best cricket stadiums. The stadium in Mumbai holds 200,000 people and when India play, it is always sold out.

The Indian Premier League is the third largest sporting event in the world in terms of money behind the olympics and the world cup.

insane levels of support for cricket on the sub continent.

vicz

Post by vicz » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:43 pm

earthloop wrote:Gloat while you can Englanders for your summer ( as always) will be short! We look forward to your next visit down here! :twisted:
Ricky Ponting get out of here!

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:44 pm

Those "Euro Sports" are so gehy.
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

hereschenes

Post by hereschenes » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 am

What's the general British opinion on Ricky Ponting, out of curiosity? I'm an Aussie and I don't think much of him, but I imagine he must be universally-despised over there. Having said that, he shouldn't be sacked as some are calling for. If only we'd won that first test... *sigh*. Ah well, you poor Poms need a bit of cheering up - I was in London last month and your weather sucks! I can't believe it rains and is cold in the middle of a "BBQ Summer". :P

macmurphy

Post by macmurphy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:04 am

I don't understand cricket either.
I don't even consider it a sport.
But it makes me so happy when we beat the aussies :D

Pitch Black

Post by Pitch Black » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:22 am

Tone Deft wrote:I don't get cricket at all either. I saw the positions described once, holy crap.
Its elementary, my dear Deft...

The Ins and Outs of Cricket (as described to a foreign person)

There are two sides, one out in the field the other one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:48 am

:lol: me thinks you've played Silly a few too many times.

man, there was some comedian on a talk show, maybe Colbert or Stewart that did a quick thing on Cricket, they talked about the positions, started out slow, then a little faster and on and on going faster and faster then ended the gag with "... and if the batter is left handed..." 8O
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:59 am

Pitch Black wrote:
Tone Deft wrote:I don't get cricket at all either. I saw the positions described once, holy crap.
Its elementary, my dear Deft...

The Ins and Outs of Cricket (as described to a foreign person)

There are two sides, one out in the field the other one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When a man goes out to go in, the men who are out try to get him out, and when he is out he goes in and the next man in goes out and goes in.

There are two men called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the men who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the men have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the men have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game.

It all sounds too gay for me. Lots of balls and loads of men going in and out, sometimes twice!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:52 am

I only have to say one word: Baseball.

King of the pointless gheydom games. :lol:

Actually the fielding positions in cricket aren't as complex as people think really.

The off side field is that side of the the field that faces the batsmen as he takes guard. The fielders behind him on that side of the field are known as leg side, or on-side, fielders.

Then the adjective in front of that describes exactly where that fielder stands. Square leg for example is the guy in line with the batsman, i.e. square of the batsman, on the leg side of the field. If he is a long way back he becomes 'deep square leg', if he is in close to the batsman he becomes 'short leg' etc.

Mid off, therefore, the guy standing halfway between the batsman and the boundary on the off side.

simples.

Ah, Ponting. No, i think while we despise him as an aussie cricketer when we play him, there is no doubt in my mind he is highly regarded as a cricketer over here. He is after all third highest on the all time leading test run scoring list. we repsect him. He certainly shouldnt be sacked. It was a close series and other than two bad sessions one at Lord's and one at The Oval which cost him the series, Aus were dominant. OK, they should have won in Cardiff and were probably saved by rain at Edgbaston but thats cricket.

They had all the leading wicket takers in the series and all the leading run scorers bar Strauss.

I don't think a knee jerk reaction is required. He's got a young team, they are a good side and he is a great cricketer and captain. he's agot a few years left in him yet.

Whether he'll make it back to Eng in 2013 or not...I dunno about that.

but hey, with his captaincy record against us, he's welcome back anytime. :D

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:54 am

PS. any position described as Silly simply means he is close to the batsman, probably standing in a position that puts him in danger of being hit in the face with a 5 1/2oz cricket ball travelling at 100mph.

Hence...a bit 'silly' to be standing there. As Ponting found out while standing at Silly Point, i think.