Live 8 forced me to reformat my hard drive.

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
swiffy

Live 8 forced me to reformat my hard drive.

Post by swiffy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:09 am

Before installing Live 8 demo suite, I had all my plugs working in Live 7. i just wanted to to try live 8 suite to see if I would buy it. It would not open omnisphere and trilogy. Called abelton, didn't really know what to do really. Now in Reaper, Fl Studio, Studio One my plugs worked.

Then after taking it off my pc live 7 wouldn't open omni and trilogy. Called spectradsonics and ran some test through Reaper. All my plugs worked and in Fl Studio. Also, Live 8 would hang, any ideas or experiences guys? Had no choice, but to reformat my hd. I have several projects via midi using trilogy/omni. Again Live 7 wouldn't even load those two. Kore 2 was acting weird. Vista quadcore 4 gb of ram.

I'm confused you have cockos who has three main guys and they're software runs more stable than Live. Ableton is a bigger companyYou than cockos. You would think they would get it right. Just very frustrated. Hope u understand after spending $400 on the apc and then $700 and up on Suite u expect things to work.

Android Bishop

Re: Live 8 forced me to reformat my hard drive.

Post by Android Bishop » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 am

i find it really hard to believe that you actually HAD to reformat your hard drive to do jack shit. there is no way that ableton live alone could have fucked things up that bad

blank

Post by blank » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 am

Did you try things like asking live to simply rescan the vst dir ?
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

swiffy

Post by swiffy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:38 am

Andr, I did do to the fact I use omnisphere and trilogy. I was recieving error msgs that ableton tech support has never heard of. Spectrasonics tech support mentioned that would be my last option. I reinstalled omni and trilogy and no go. So I started over again. I spent all day reinstalling stuff to work with live 8. Thats how much I like it. What would you do if you couldnt load your favorite vsts in your favorite host. What would you do if ableton couldn't give you an answer other than 'rescan your plug-in' or 'reinstalling'. I just was out of luck this time I guess. After installing Live 8, kore 2 starts acting up. Maybe u can explain why everything works in Reaper and studio one with no issue?

swiffy

Post by swiffy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:43 am

Andr, I did do to the fact I use omnisphere and trilogy. I was recieving error msgs that ableton tech support has never heard of. Spectrasonics tech support mentioned that would be my last option. I reinstalled omni and trilogy and no go. So I started over again. I spent all day reinstalling stuff to work with live 8. Thats how much I like it. What would you do if you couldnt load your favorite vsts in your favorite host. What would you do if ableton couldn't give you an answer other than 'rescan your plug-in' or 'reinstalling'. I just was out of luck this time I guess. After installing Live 8, kore 2 starts acting up. Maybe u can explain why everything works in Reaper and studio one with no issue? Go to futureproducers.com and check the DAW section, see how many other are having issues. Just wanted to see if anybody has been through what I am going through. Not try to bash ableton or start something. Thanks....

evolwizard

Post by evolwizard » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:45 am

cracks.............
...to the prelevator....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
=======================================================
17" macBook pro 2.93ghz 8GB RAM OSX 10.6-APC40-Axiom 25-Trigger Finger-Fast Track Ultra-MicroTrack II
Ableton Live 7 Suite Boxed-Reason 4

swiffy

Post by swiffy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:58 am

E- It was the demo from the website.

blank

Post by blank » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:49 am

This behavior could come from corrupted preferences imo but you said you reformated your hardrive so you are running on a fresh vista ( gosh ! ) install and a fresh live 7 one without any success ?

what are these error messages the support never heard of ?
feug.net -:- virb.com/feug

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:41 pm

swiffy wrote:Andr, I did do to the fact I use omnisphere and trilogy. I was recieving error msgs that ableton tech support has never heard of. Spectrasonics tech support mentioned that would be my last option. I reinstalled omni and trilogy and no go. So I started over again. I spent all day reinstalling stuff to work with live 8. Thats how much I like it. What would you do if you couldnt load your favorite vsts in your favorite host. What would you do if ableton couldn't give you an answer other than 'rescan your plug-in' or 'reinstalling'. I just was out of luck this time I guess. After installing Live 8, kore 2 starts acting up. Maybe u can explain why everything works in Reaper and studio one with no issue? Go to futureproducers.com and check the DAW section, see how many other are having issues. Just wanted to see if anybody has been through what I am going through. Not try to bash ableton or start something. Thanks....

what would I do? certainly not reformat. first I'd use revouninstaller to clear out any configuration or preference files, registry entries, and the like for the offending vsts and ableton live. I'd check my applications/user settings directory and registry to make sure they didnt hide anything else on my system. Then I'd reinstall ableton live, and made sure it worked. Then I'd install the vsts, and scan them in.

Ableton live and vsts dont change enough system settings to warrant an entire OS reformat, UNLESS it was the OS itself that was causing the problem and NOT ABLETON or the VSTS. They simply are not that pervasive across your system.

dom

Post by dom » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:48 pm

Hi Swiffy,

regarding those plugins:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25171

This means it would be strange to get the support answer from us you mentioned.
As i can't find any support requests or account entries for your email address at all, would you mind sending your serial to support@ableton.com so that i can check your support request history?

Thanks,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

mrsakitumi

Post by mrsakitumi » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:53 pm

........and the thread stops there :wink:
...and it's mr sakitumi (too late to change profile name)...damn
LIVE, DS lite, a tambourine, tape recorder.
http://www.soundcloud.com/mrsakitumi
http://www.facebook.com/mrsakitumi
http://www.youtube.com/mrsakitumi
http://www.twitter.com/mrsakitumi