Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
The Carpet Cleaner

Re: New Remote Script for Novation Nocturn and Live 8

Post by The Carpet Cleaner » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:39 pm

Hi,
Very nice script, well done, Ableton should take example and officialy support the nocturn with a script like that.

I have some questions :
In the User section, it seems that the ClipScrub doesnt do anything. Am I missing something here? I can't any line moving, either in an audio or midi clip.

Also something else : it's pretty cool to be able to move the loop start/end of a clip. Too bad the button "loop" only control the arrangment view, it would be great to manage the clip button "loop".
Same story for the start/end markers. Too bad we can't set them with this script.

Is there a way to modify the setting of the script easily ? I don't understand anything of how it works, but if I could, I'll delete some controls, like the transport bar and the scene/track rotader, and make them control the loop on/off and end/start makers of a clip.

Well that was my feedback, great great script for someone that doesn't have an APC !

Cheers.

elfoliotrojo

Post by elfoliotrojo » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 am

Hi there!
I'm having some problems with Guille's script. I'm using Ableton 8.1 and Novation Automap 3.4 pro (I have tried Ableton 8.0.8 and Automap 3.3 and 3.4 and I have been experiencing the same problem). I think I've done everything right loading the templates to the automap in the required order, activating midi channels 1 to 4, I have selected Nocturn as control surface with Automap Midi as in&out ports, I have remote ports activated, Ableton is receiving midi data (right top square is glowing yellow when I touch some control in Nocturn) but Ableton doesn't seems to receive any data. I move the controls in Nocturn but nothing happens in Ableton.
Anyone having this same problem? I would really thankful if someone can offer some suggestion about what can I doing wrong.
As I said to Guille in hispasonic forum, even yet not getting the script working, awesome work: thanks for sharing.
Thanks in advance for your help :D

heath/n

Post by heath/n » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:00 am

Here's a tip for people with problems. You need to delete earlier midi mappings, or else you might get erratic behaviour. Took a while before I realized...

Zygi

Post by Zygi » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:51 pm

I've managed to make the script working with nocturn49 but with one problem:

keyboard does not work :mrgreen: it won't even send midi to live. any suggestions?

Chisel

Post by Chisel » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:26 am

Thanks Guille for all your hard work. I just got the Nocturn yesterday and I've been having a complete blast!

Thanks!
chisel316

Pipotron4000

Post by Pipotron4000 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:30 am

Zygi wrote:I've managed to make the script working with nocturn49 but with one problem:

keyboard does not work :mrgreen: it won't even send midi to live. any suggestions?
If i remember well, the script build a midi map transmitted to Live
If the keys are not mapped to Live by the script, they are not transmitted

the function is called "build midi map" or something in the script

Try to look a tutorial somewhere on this website
He talks about midi map in it
http://bl0rg.net/~manuel/fcb1010-mappings/

You can try the decompiled Axiom (or any other keyboard) python remote script, and look how they mapped keys ;)
http://www.assembla.com/spaces/live-api/documents

Illustrious

Post by Illustrious » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:43 am

Is anyone going to try and port this script over to the Nocturn 49 keyboard? I use one with a Launchpad and I'd love to be able to use this mapping.

Pipotron4000

Post by Pipotron4000 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 pm

Illustrious wrote:Is anyone going to try and port this script over to the Nocturn 49 keyboard? I use one with a Launchpad and I'd love to be able to use this mapping.
I could...if i got one :mrgreen:

I think trouble are notes used by Nocturn script and mapped, so they don't reach Ableton MIDI engine

When they are mapped, they can't be used as regular MIDI messages

Try something :

Put keyboard on MIDI channels 1 to 4, put it in constant velocity 127

You should command Ableton with this (this is just a test)

And now try to put your keyboard on any other MIDI channel than 1-4, with any velocity

You should get keyboard

Of course, you need to set the keyboard MIDI input ON in MIDI/sync too, even with the script already using it :D

Try this and tell me

rommel

Post by rommel » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:12 pm

hi,

just want to add my recent experiece: I could not make guille's script work in automap's latest 3.4.1 version...I cant downgrade to 3.4, so have not been able to use this otherwise wonderful script. The automap scripts won't open and load to the nocturn.

I sent Guille an e-mail and he's aware of my experience. Just sharing for those who might be trying this now with automap's latest version.

cheers

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:48 pm

rommel wrote:just want to add my recent experiece: I could not make guille's script work in automap's latest 3.4.1 version...I cant downgrade to 3.4, so have not been able to use this otherwise wonderful script. The automap scripts won't open and load to the nocturn.
3.4.1 is working fine for me with guille's script. I'm on MBP running 10.5.8 with Live 8.1.3.

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Sat May 01, 2010 5:57 pm

Hi could someone post a link to the latest version of this, none of the ones ive tried seem to be working???

Many thanks in advance :-)

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat May 01, 2010 6:26 pm

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Sat May 01, 2010 11:24 pm

Thanks so much delicioso !!!

I cant seem to get it working properly, im a bit of a dunce at this automap.... Im using the latese version of automap pro.... could anyone take me step by step through how i set it up? I dont really understand the control map thingies and when i follow the process in the read me it only saves either the user/fx/inst or mixer and not them all..... Im lost! So if you know how to reset it and how to simply set it up please help ! I already have the script working with ableton, its just the nocturn and automap !

Many thanks Alan

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat May 01, 2010 11:53 pm

stockylocky wrote:Thanks so much delicioso !!!

I cant seem to get it working properly, im a bit of a dunce at this automap.... Im using the latese version of automap pro.... could anyone take me step by step through how i set it up? I dont really understand the control map thingies and when i follow the process in the read me it only saves either the user/fx/inst or mixer and not them all..... Im lost! So if you know how to reset it and how to simply set it up please help ! I already have the script working with ableton, its just the nocturn and automap !
This may help in setting it up:
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php? ... 7#p1003007

stockylocky

Post by stockylocky » Sun May 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi delicioso, I tried that link but I couldnt find any advice to help me! All I really want is a step by step guide on how to upload and save the settings onto my nocturn. Perhaps even how to clear it first if that is necessary? Should each map be on a different midi channel.... I have already turned 1-4 on. Any help from anyone would be much appreciated... :oops: :oops: :oops: