Plane or Missile?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
clipperer

Post by clipperer » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:49 pm

the true god is geometry ,whaa!!

i probably dont know what are you talkin about here, but id say everything and everybody is god.

elemental

Post by elemental » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:46 pm

EXACTLY

my idea of god is the unity that we are all part of.

not some seperate entity who created us and looks upon us with disdain when we dont act in accordance with His laws.

we are all one
and that ONE is god

IMO anyway.

Machinate

Post by Machinate » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:50 pm

god isn't dead, he just smells funny.

(First in a long line of funky new mashup quotes!)
mbp 2.66, osx 10.6.8, 8GB ram.

rasputin

Post by rasputin » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:24 pm

A DJ wrote:...snippage...

if he meant it as a joke or as something else ... i was being serious.
Well, right there is your problem: seriousness. Hitler was REAL serious!
i get a bit tired of those people tbh
so i got a bit frustrated....

i am waiting for someone who isnt debunking or making jokes.

its like this: either i am right or i am not.
Absolutely! Not like there's any other possibility.
but what if i am right
Then you get a big wet kiss from our Alien Overlords! And I'm serious!!

forge

Post by forge » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:15 pm

he he, now this is an existential thread to determine the existance of the allmighty!

does no-one remember? Clapton is god, the graffiti says so.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:35 pm

Clapton is a false prophet :-)

There are 3 Gods....

John McLaughlin
Paco De lucia
Al Dimeola

-Ben

computo

Post by computo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:33 am

12micsn1 wrote:
noisetonepause wrote:Could you keep your ignorant crusader propaganda to yourself, please?

It's fine that you want to live in the dark ages and dress up like a Knight Templar to feel big, but calling this shit 'information' without the prefix mis- is taking it too far. How about you fucking evolve a little?
Lets test my ignorance here since this what you think of my bias. Did you know that both Christianity and Islam have pagan influences? Im sure your away of of this since you have the ability to call me ignorant. I offer you to Google: Allah moon God as I did. The websites i went to are bias all religions are bias to other religions. i will give you Give other sources to refute the so-called moon god. it is up to you to believe or not.

http://answering-islam.org.uk/Quran/Sou ... quotes.htm
http://www.answering-christianity.com/moon_god.htm
http://www.letusreason.org/Islam6.htm
http://www.revelations.org.za/NotesS-Name.htm
Actually I think the problem was,

a) NO fuckin shit, sherlock! Christianity and Islam, like EVERY OTHER RELIGION, had some connections to the "pagan" religions, as you so eloquently call them.

Another term might be "Agrarian." You know that refers to the fact that people grew their own food then, and counted on the Moon cycles for rain and harvest.

b)Why would you republish a biased article, which attempts to denegrate these religions based on their foundations? You must be inline with those beliefs, which likely means that you are of another, "opposing" religion.

I have no problem with your denegrating ALL religions. But if you pick one, or all but one, and say they are subservient (which that article so subtly does) that makes you a racist. Yeah, thats right. You think you're one of the chosen people? well you are. You were chosen to be suckered into thinking you are on THAT side of the fight.

If Im wrong, then PLEASE, tell me where you are coming from...and I will apologize.

On another point, NONONONO, Christian God only PARTLY was based on the Eqyptian Sun good. Actually, there was a very large contingent of "pagan" believers, based in Ireland and the north, that believed in a trinity of WOMEN godesses, which is where the trinity came from. Maiden, Matron and Crone. this came from a Greek trinity, based around the goddess Hecate. IM not saying egypt wasnt involved, but the Christian religion borrows more from the religions of europe than those of Africa.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:14 am

Yeah was just a real basic timeline....
Ra being the first monotheistic cult in history, as far as I know.....

-Ben

computo

Post by computo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:21 am

Ra?

well, the egyptian religions were not monotheistic. There were a number of gods, and demigods. Ra, Anubis, There are a bunch. Almost ALL ancient religions were polytheistic, all that I know of.

MrYellow

Post by MrYellow » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:06 am

Now I'm not gunna bother checking any of this, just blurt it out as I
remember....

Tutankhamen's parents setup their city to point towards the rising sun, with
a gap in the hills that it rose through, which was where the tombs were so
they'd rise with the sun and skip having to fight their way through the
underworld.

The temple was in the middle at the end of a long road that ran towards
the rising run.... The palace was off to the side slightly and along the same
road. They set it all up to worship Ra almost exclusively with the temple at
the focus, facing the sun.

Then corrupted the setup, moving their throne to the temple so that they
were the focus of Ra.... Thus they turned it from being Ra worship into
worship of them.....

For this they had their names erased from history. Every carving that
mentions or depicts them has been scratched out. Except for a few recent
discoveries which tell of these events.

So they kicked off a monotheistic cult, probably the first, which they then
turned into a monotheistic cult worshiping tuts dad, which then got
destroyed by the powers at be.

Funny thing is there are still people that worship tuts dad as God, I know of
one that lives just a few km's away.

-Ben

computo

Post by computo » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:16 am

that is very interesting, and I did learn that in Art history (god bless Prof Tate)

However, I dont really think that counts...

See, they were "erased" because of their hubris, and heresy, which the priests, and people, obviously wouldn't stand for. That is much more along the lines of what was mentioned with the One god i.e. the King, type thing.

However, this wasn't unique in Egyptian religious history. ALL pharoahs were considered Ra-on earth, hence the pyramids, and other structures, statuary, art and such.

Its debatable whether this counts as the first montheistic religion, as this resembles the origins of Scientology, more than a major religion i.e. the big 3.

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 pm

The Christian God and the Islamic God are the same, and calling God Allah when you speak English is a little weird, IMHO.

Allah is basically al-ilah, which means 'the God'. In Hebrew it's 'eloh' with the definite suffix '-im' - Elohim. These terms have been used by Semites to describe the One God since pre-islamic times. It's in the part of the bible that's written in Hebrew, and it's used by Arabic christians today - and you'll find the root (alif)-l-h to relate to God in most semitic languages, I think. QED, ms 12mics, this 'Allah is just a moon god' is rubbish of the highest order no matter how amny times it's repeated on your islamophobe websites. This bollocks you claim to be facts dates back to the blood thirsty crusaders and malicious catholic* orientalists that defined the west's views of Islam.

-Paws

*Up until the last two centuries where actual study of Islam and the Middle East got going, most books in European languages on the subject were written with the explicit political purpose of making Islam look bad, and quite a lot of them came from the Catholic church. I found the last few lines of their Encyclopedia entry on Buddhism to most amusing... http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03028b.htm

noisetonepause

Post by noisetonepause » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:13 pm

and before you ask, 12mics, I'm not going to read any of the sites you linked to nor google like you told me cos I know all these stories from elsewhere and no matter how appealingly skewed the presentation on those sights are (ie. how blatant the lies are), they're still wrong. That you consistently refer to that Answering Islam page which for all the spit and shine that's gone into it is still just Christian propaganda also speaks to your detriment.

12micsn1

Post by 12micsn1 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:10 am

I have to love some of you who have the nerve to call me a racist. Lets be serious. thats a very weak definition of me. You could have called me anti-semitic, then i could of at least felt somewhat offended but i cant with that word either. Please, go back to your dictionary an choose something better.

To the other person who wishes i not to read my handpicked websites. i say to you, whatever man!! Dont read!! Whoever help radicalize the so-called terrorist of modern times is doing so by religious and political means. At every instant you hear the word Allah mentioned with hate speech and acts of sins. The controversy over that name Allah can only be news to does who are not in the know or lack understanding. if God in the KORAN isnt really Allah then what?

FUCKING READ THIS!!!!!!!!!!! An rebuttle any of it!!!!!

http://www.nccg.org/islam/Islam01-Allah.html
http://www.bibleprobe.com/muhammad.htm
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Quran/Sou ... quotes.htm
http://answering-islam.org.uk/Authors/W ... ve_god.htm
Vote for Pedro.

computo

Post by computo » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:58 am

anti-semitic?

I would have guessed you to be a zionist, frankly.