Rumoured Apple Tablet

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
telekom

Rumoured Apple Tablet

Post by telekom » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Anybody seen the Apple tablet rumours? looks nice... Image
Ideal for live... might make the Lemur history for mac users...

Discuss. :)
MacBook Pro Retina, Live 9.5, Reason, UC33, KRK RP5s, Teenage Engineering OP1, Korg ESX2, Korg Prophecy, Clavia Nord Lead, Bass, Guitars.
http://soundcloud.com/motorradkinophone

Re: Rumoured Apple Tablet

Post by 1.6180339887 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:36 pm

even if it's god's gift I wouldn't go near a 1st gen model with a friggin barge pole. Y'feel me ?
Holler at your boy.
a+b is to a as a is to b

myxomat0515

Post by myxomat0515 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:42 pm

I think its more than just a rumor. There was an article on lifehacker about how Steve Jobs has been specifically overseeing the development of these new tablets.

Oh...and +1 to NOT buying a 1st gen.

acroberts

Post by acroberts » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:49 pm

Seems to me like Apple has had 3-4 solid years of screen-based navigation under their belts with the iPhone and iTouch, and if they can integrate the full OS with the tablet hardware, the 1st Gen might not be as beta-feeling as we're afraid of...

Dr Dub

Post by Dr Dub » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:11 pm

Underpowered as a standalone device for sure, if it will come i would rather expect sort of a super-iPhone/iPod Touch, but i could be very interesting as a controll surface and it could be a Lemur killer.
Live Suite 9 - MBPR 15 - NI Komplete Audio 6 - Push - Brain - Hands - Melodica

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:18 pm

What first gen Apple product have any of you bought that was buggy as all Hell, or are you just going by first gen anything made by any manufacturer?

This might be the best Pong playing device ever.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:47 pm

beats me wrote:What first gen Apple product have any of you bought that was buggy as all Hell
MacBook Pro, my friend, MacBook pro. The first ones were completely worthless. I had 4 die on me in 6 months.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams

oblique strategies

Post by oblique strategies » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:48 pm

None of the rumours I've heard have mentioned multi-touch, but it may come to pass. Still, it would be nice to be able to interact directly with Live's GUI.

But wouldn't you have to prop it up in some way to even use it in a performance context? Staring down at a device that sits flush on a table or stand is not a good direction to go in! And by propping it up you risk it being unstable -not good for a device you have to physically manipulate.

I am probably just revealing my unfamiliarity with tablet computers, there is probably an entire industry in after market stands for these things.
:wink:

Post by 1.6180339887 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:13 pm

a+b is to a as a is to b

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:34 pm

oblique strategies wrote:None of the rumours I've heard have mentioned multi-touch, but it may come to pass. Still, it would be nice to be able to interact directly with Live's GUI.

But wouldn't you have to prop it up in some way to even use it in a performance context? Staring down at a device that sits flush on a table or stand is not a good direction to go in! And by propping it up you risk it being unstable -not good for a device you have to physically manipulate.

I am probably just revealing my unfamiliarity with tablet computers, there is probably an entire industry in after market stands for these things.
:wink:
Have you seen a lemur?

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:42 pm

sparklepuff wrote:
beats me wrote:What first gen Apple product have any of you bought that was buggy as all Hell
MacBook Pro, my friend, MacBook pro. The first ones were completely worthless. I had 4 die on me in 6 months.
Hm, it's really quite silly how many Apple products I own and for the most part haven't had any issues, well, not anything past what I would consider just time to get a new one. But I've also never stood in line for some new product the day it is released.

This might be my first venture into "Damn you Apple!" if the money is in the bank, which is doubtful.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 pm

typing on a screen blows though and always will. However, for music apps like Live, it could be fun.
Professional Shark Jumper.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:50 pm

glitchrock-buddha wrote:typing on a screen blows though and always will. However, for music apps like Live, it could be fun.
But from what I've heard on past rumors you will be able to plug in a USB keyboard and use that as well. Matter of taste solved.

glitchrock-buddha

Post by glitchrock-buddha » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:54 pm

beats me wrote:
glitchrock-buddha wrote:typing on a screen blows though and always will. However, for music apps like Live, it could be fun.
But from what I've heard on past rumors you will be able to plug in a USB keyboard and use that as well. Matter of taste solved.
Bluetooth too I'm sure.
Professional Shark Jumper.

sparklepuff

Post by sparklepuff » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:08 pm

beats me wrote:
sparklepuff wrote:
Hm, it's really quite silly how many Apple products I own and for the most part haven't had any issues, well, not anything past what I would consider just time to get a new one. But I've also never stood in line for some new product the day it is released.

This might be my first venture into "Damn you Apple!" if the money is in the bank, which is doubtful.
Yeah, but I can multiply my experience because I do the Apple computer buying for 13 people, so I don't just get one of something. I bought 6 of the first gen macbook's, 4 of which failed immediately. The other 2 were done within 18 months.
Guitar | Synths | Samplers | Ableton @ Phantogram & Big Grams