Where to live: Melbourne or Sydney?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
fewtureJ

Re: Where to live: Melbourne or Sydney?

Post by fewtureJ » Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Melbourne! There is no choice to be honest if you want to go out

Best nightlife in Oz with broad spectrum of genres (although house seems to be better in Sydney?), really good laidback but serious party vibe. People are awesome, friendly. People just want to have fun and not take things seriously. Safe and affordable city.
Weather not so good! Kind of boring to look at as well but people and places make up for it. It regularly hits number 2 in top cities of the world (behind vancouver) for overall living.

Sydney: Spent most my life in Sydney - beautiful city, beautiful women, awesome weather 2/3 the time. Night life can be pretty average. You need to know the right people and go to the right events - then it can be amazing (thinking haha and mad racket parties). Most the time or a lot of the time, people too self conscious to just let loose and have a good time. Also you need to making reasonably money as its expensive living!! (rent is out of control). Summer is the best in Sydney, feels so good! Don't let to Melbournians tell you about Sydney, they have generally spent a weekend there or something.

Brisbane: not something you should be considering a head of Melbourne or Sydney if you want to be going out

ekwipt

Re: Where to live: Melbourne or Sydney?

Post by ekwipt » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Rents and mortgages are cout of control in this country, here i'm hoping for a crash so i get in somewhere...