[ot] can I haz werld land speed rekkird?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
mikemc

[ot] can I haz werld land speed rekkird?

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:02 pm

http://news.aol.com/article/ohio-cheeta ... ord/665107

the pr lady aside, i could watch this cheetah run all day.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

3dot...

Re: [ot] can I haz werld land speed rekkird?

Post by 3dot... » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:17 pm

f@#$ that... !
leave the animal alone !

Spikee

Post by Spikee » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:34 pm

There's something beautiful and majestic about watching Sarah run like that. And then there's something ugly and heartbreaking to know that she starts from a cage and ends on a leash.

As a Cincinnati native though I can tell you with certainty that the Cincinnati Zoo is one of the nicest zoos in the world, led by some of the smartest people in the world. But still...

mikemc

Post by mikemc » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:23 pm

i agree with the above polito-philosophically, and my post was more towards the aesthetics-- just a wondefully beautiful creature.
UTENZIL a tool... of the muse.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:43 pm

very nice.

@ 3 dot I can see why you would say that on the one hand... on the other, she looked pretty damn happy or, that is to say, at ease. Being free is cool but being hunted by poachers and farmers while watching your habitat (home) shrink would be kind of lame... That gloating old lady may be annoying to us but I bet she's real good to that cheetah.

I dunno. Sometimes I wonder if animals are actually better off when they're in a "good" home being taken care of by a few humans that care rather than being in the wild and having many humans that don't in and out of their lives affecting it mostly negatively until their final demise arrives.