11/sept- A great day for celebration! Happy Birthday Fanny..

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Doppelpunkt-Wurst

11/sept- A great day for celebration! Happy Birthday Fanny..

Post by Doppelpunkt-Wurst » Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:55 pm

Let's all dance and party like we're at a mega disco - it's Fanny Cadeo's birthday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZFg5OdAeU4

McQ714

Re: 11/sept- A great day for celebration! Happy Birthday Fanny..

Post by McQ714 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:42 pm

fuck you and fanny cadeo!!!

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:45 pm

hurrah....didnt something bad happen once though on this day.....meh must be my imagination.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:48 pm

f*** you too! and everyone else that posts after this making jokes about 9/11! despite what you may think in your twisted screwed up heads, it really wasn't funny. and it wasn't just about the US.
Last edited by McQ714 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:19 pm

McQ714 wrote:fuck you too! and everyone else that posts after this making jokes about 9/11! despite what you may think in your twisted fucked up heads, it really wasn't funny. and it wasn't just about the US.
2,993 people, the majority of whom were civilians, from over 90 countries, died in New York eight years ago today.

Violent death such as this is not something to make light of or joke about at all, ever, especially on this scale.

One would have to be an extremely shallow and out of touch individual to do so - not far removed from the brain dead cunt rednecks that make jokes about the Holocaust for example, as if their own political and social agendas somehow justify making light of the suffering, death and misery of others.

I would just ignore them if I were you, you are above them and by indulging your anger, however justified, you are giving them exactly what they want, and you begin to lose the moral high ground that you already have by default - just for not being a brain dead redneck cunt in the first place.

McQ714

Post by McQ714 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:30 pm

no can do... if people are assholes, i feel the need to call them out on it! and if i'm an asshole, i'd expect others to call me out, too.

the day has passed, but i doubt it will ever be forgotten. certainly not in my lifetime. i almost lost my brother that day. if it weren't for NYC traffic keeping him from getting to the first tower to do emergency electrical repairs after the first plane crashed. i knew he was on his way there but i couldn't get a hold of him for about 3 hours after that. and when the 2nd tower was struck, i didn't know if he was ok. it was the longest 3 hours of my life. i can only imagine what the families of the victims had gone through, especially those who were able to talk to their loved ones from United Flight 93. how do you tell someone that you are about to die?

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Emissary. you're good.

In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:46 pm

Tone Deft wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: Emissary. you're good.
Yes, extremely adept.

:roll:

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:49 pm

smutek wrote: Violent death such as this is not something to make light of or joke about at all, ever, especially on this scale.

One would have to be an extremely shallow and out of touch individual to do so -
Humor is the one major exception to any and all PC thinking IMO. Any time you exclude a topic from being made fun of, you degrade laughter to something closer to picking on certain people, ideas and things. Do you say women have been too abused historically to be made fun of? Do you say blacks? or any war jokes, are accidents off limits? Are frat boys or hippies off limits? Nothing, not a thing should be sacred in humor. So with your above statement, the black knight sketch in Monty Python would be just awful right? All comedy involving nazis, or nuclear holocaust as well? Dr. Strangelove is awful? Plenty of jewish people can laugh at Dr. Stranglove and any number of comedies that reference a much larger and grosser act of terrorism than 9/11, but it's off limits....

Humor is always about some person, event or thing being trashed on, no exceptions.
You can get pissed, think it's in bad taste, but saying any subject is taboo in humor makes it more important than other suffering.
9/11 sucked, but it's not more important than the cold war, WWII and any number of other subjects for some of the funniest movies around.

Comedy is not pretty, though I didn't think this was that funny, heard better jokes on 9/11.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:57 pm

smutek wrote:
Yes, extremely adept.

look at what little input he made to get such a large output, outstanding trolling. he didn't really write anything offensive.

/golf clap

re: the OP. not everyone is American on here and views 9.11 in the same light.

maybe I'm just in too good of a mood to jump straight into dark thoughts.

edit - OK, agreed. the OP's login date and name wreak of troll. dom should out the poster.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Machinesworking wrote:
smutek wrote: Violent death such as this is not something to make light of or joke about at all, ever, especially on this scale.

One would have to be an extremely shallow and out of touch individual to do so -
Humor is the one major exception to any and all PC thinking IMO. Any time you exclude a topic from being made fun of, you degrade laughter to something closer to picking on certain people, ideas and things. Do you say women have been too abused historically to be made fun of? Do you say blacks? or any war jokes, are accidents off limits? Are frat boys or hippies off limits? Nothing, not a thing should be sacred in humor. So with your above statement, the black knight sketch in Monty Python would be just awful right? All comedy involving nazis, or nuclear holocaust as well? Dr. Strangelove is awful? Plenty of jewish people can laugh at Dr. Stranglove and any number of comedies that reference a much larger and grosser act of terrorism than 9/11, but it's off limits....

Humor is always about some person, event or thing being trashed on, no exceptions.
You can get pissed, think it's in bad taste, but saying any subject is taboo in humor makes it more important than other suffering.
9/11 sucked, but it's not more important than the cold war, WWII and any number of other subjects for some of the funniest movies around.

Comedy is not pretty, though I didn't think this was that funny, heard better jokes on 9/11.
Machinesworking wrote: Humor is the one major exception to any and all PC thinking IMO....
I understand what you are saying, and to an extent I agree. *edit* I'll also admit that, on thinking about it, my feelings are not quite as absolute as what I wrote, what I wrote was influenced by my immediate anger over the original post */edit* - so yes, I do see your point.

However, I think it is also important to understand that people will react differently - some people may not find some jokes funny, regardless of the content.

Context is also important, some may disagree, but perhaps the anniversary of 9/11 is not the most proper time to make a joke about 9/11, just as Auschwitz may not be the best location for a "jew joke".

Regardless, I do not think what you have written applies at all in this case as the intent of the original post wasn't humor at all. It was a deliberate provocation (by a regular user posting under an alternate, troll log in).
Last edited by smutek on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

smutek

Post by smutek » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:10 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
smutek wrote:
Yes, extremely adept.

look at what little input he made to get such a large output, outstanding trolling. he didn't really write anything offensive.

/golf clap
Ok, some guy who was traumatized on that day, because he thought he was going to lose his brother, got angry. I don't see what is so awesome about that.

While Emissary's intent may have been benign I think we both agree on the intent of the OP.

I agree with you, dom should out the poster.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:13 pm

get trolled by Emissary a few dozen times and you learn to appreciate what the little shit does. it's not cool but it teaches one to not take everything so seriously.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:16 pm

Anybody who knows me knows how seriously i take the issue of 9/11, i was attempting irony. Although to be honest i do think enough time has past for us to start at least making an attempt at humour from the events (no matter what the tv tells us to do) Its a way to cope with the atrocity and move on in life.

mojofunk

Post by mojofunk » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:17 pm

A moment of silence for the 2,993.

And another for the at least 753,399 killed in Iraq and Afghanistan.