rewire ableton and reason into pro tools 8

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
HeadrickProductions

rewire ableton and reason into pro tools 8

Post by HeadrickProductions » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:51 pm

jst finally got around to rewiring all this crap (ableton 8 and reason 4) into pro tools 8....It would be the great but I don't have a $10,000 mac pro?!?!

first off what kind of lap top or computer can do this smoothly can do this smoothly? please be specific about hardware

I also get some message about H/W play back dialogue adjustment which I have no clue about...

I can rewire reason into tools no problem...

The moment I load up a loop in ableton and play it I get that message

second is there no way to use control surfaces when live is in slave mode.....Used it really only in master....

Thank you for any help I can get

Ableton 8.04, reason 4, tools 8.01, komplete 5, traktor pro
dell intel duo 2.8, 6gb, vista 64
In a K induced Haze (the old K kind not the special K kind ), but an Asian spizz can sometimes bring me out! If ya don't get it, ya never will.

Swing like your life depends on it

nuxnamon

Re: rewire ableton and reason into pro tools 8

Post by nuxnamon » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:17 am

i had a similar set a while back when I was using Pro Tools 7, Ableton 6, and Reason 3.0.. It worked fine with a Mac G5 so I would not know with the newer versions... But really, I really I asked myself if I really needed to use pro tools and the answer was no.. My workflow with Ableton was more productive and there really is nothing that Protools can do (except HD systems) that Ableton can't.. But I don't know how attached you are with protools.. I had a MCU hooked up also and protools would control it and when it was master to Ableton.. Although I did remember seeing a simple application one guy made which made it possible for the MCU to be controlled by both master and slave applications, depending on what application you were focusing on..

nz

Re: rewire ableton and reason into pro tools 8

Post by nz » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:32 pm

If Live had some sort of comping takes feature I could get rid of Pro Tools and Logic all together...
MacBook Pro/Mac Mini
Ableton Live 10