Page 1 of 7

Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm
by Friedemann
Hi,

we just released the next bugfix update for Live 8: Live 8.0.5.

Use the "Check for Updates" command from Live's help menu or check http://www.ableton.com/latest_versions

If you are a Suite user and have installed all content it is enough to download 'Live' instead 'Suite'.

The list of improvements and fixes in Live 8.0.5 can be found here:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123915

Best Regards,

Friedemann

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:01 pm
by Mlange2000
phew.... just in time!

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:31 pm
by robfoster
Yes! Nice One Abes :D

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:55 pm
by commuter
link to the bug section :
http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=122890


i'm very, very very disappointed......(and i'm not the only one....)
:(

8.05 is out, and nothing change......Crash, crash and crash with several plugins.....

The list is too long ...now i really think that spending times sending crashlogs to ableton is completely useless.......

8.04 is unusable too......
i really don't know what to do now....going back to live 7 ??????..........

I think i'll never send crashlogs again....

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:14 pm
by 33tetragammon
N.I.'s Kore 2 still has parameterjumps in Live 8.05.
posted it in the beta bugs forum.

back to Live 7.016

"sigh............."

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:27 pm
by commuter
i'm disappointed, but it seems to work ok on windows... :(

i don't want to go back to windows...

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:46 pm
by commuter
sorry for being a bit aggressive, but, it's a bit irritating to have your main app crashing while working on important stuff..
Hope you'll understand..
cheers

:)

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:16 pm
by 8O
The usual request: it would be great if the installer didn't keep installing Live Packs for instruments I don't own. Since going through all the betas it's been over 12 times now that I've had to sit and wait and watch the installer install Analog, Collision, Electric, Tension, and then first thing I do when it's finished is go to uninstall them again. It's not a massive problem, just an annoying little thing that I constantly associate with beta testing... A more efficient install of only the instruments I have actually purchased might encourage more people to use the betas...

Please consider this for 8.0.6b1/8.1b1 :wink: - thanks.

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:37 pm
by Hervé
Thanks Ableton crew (: working fine here...even that i'm on osx 10.6.1. Keep up the great job.

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:03 pm
by seol
8O wrote:The usual request: it would be great if the installer didn't keep installing Live Packs for instruments I don't own. Since going through all the betas it's been over 12 times now that I've had to sit and wait and watch the installer install Analog, Collision, Electric, Tension, and then first thing I do when it's finished is go to uninstall them again. It's not a massive problem, just an annoying little thing that I constantly associate with beta testing... A more efficient install of only the instruments I have actually purchased might encourage more people to use the betas...

Please consider this for 8.0.6b1/8.1b1 :wink: - thanks.
Try Feature Request area. I doubt that ableton team read this thread.

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:22 pm
by nowtime
question about the library install: I had merged many of my own presets from Live 7 into 8 when I first installed. Will this update completely re-write my library again or will my own presets still be in the 8.0.5 library?

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:28 pm
by arachnaut
nowtime wrote:question about the library install: I had merged many of my own presets from Live 7 into 8 when I first installed. Will this update completely re-write my library again or will my own presets still be in the 8.0.5 library?
Your original presets won't be touched. Altered presets will be asked if you want them replaced.

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:43 pm
by Ret Svilenov
Friedemann wrote:Hi,

we just released the next bugfix update for Live 8: Live 8.0.5.

Use the "Check for Updates" command from Live's help menu or check http://www.ableton.com/latest_versions

If you are a Suite user and have installed all content it is enough to download 'Live' instead 'Suite'.

The list of improvements and fixes in Live 8.0.5 can be found here:

http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=123915

Best Regards,

Friedemann
Great... but why is SO SLOW to download 6.7Kb/s COME ON

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:19 pm
by v00d00ppl
now i can sleep at night

Re: Bugfix update 8.0.5 available

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:24 pm
by deva
wow... that is big 1.3 GB

Thanks for the final update and hope it works great (230kb/sec here)