Guitar Synth Users (quick question)

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
shtreimel

Guitar Synth Users (quick question)

Post by shtreimel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:06 am

Problem: In Ableton, the GK-3 in synth position works fine (no audio, only midi), in the middle position it works fine (audio and midi) however in the audio position, I'm still receiving MIDI and audio (same as 2nd position).

Set up: In Ableton, I have one track armed for audio (Guitar Rig), and one track armed for MIDI.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, is their a way for my GR-20 pedal to control parameters in Ableton?

Liam

Re: Guitar Synth Users (quick question)

Post by Liam » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:15 am

Just disable the midi track in Live when you don't want to receive midi signals.

The GR20 should be able to control Live midi parameters IF you enable such midi control within Live

shtreimel

Re: Guitar Synth Users (quick question)

Post by shtreimel » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:28 pm

Liam wrote:Just disable the midi track in Live when you don't want to receive midi signals.

The GR20 should be able to control Live midi parameters IF you enable such midi control within Live
The question is... which MIDI controller do I do this with? Rig Kontrol (Guitar Rig) can't send MIDI messages to Ableton, and the GR-20 has two pedals, and one Volume pedal. I guess I can assign the "Hold" or "Glide" pedal to turn on/off the Midi signal. Though, if I last recall, I don't think Ableton was registering MIDI info when I pressed any of the pedals on the GR-20.