Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

SubFunk

Re: Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Post by SubFunk » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:28 am

apseven wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:still waiting... c'mon Dom..
I think she's the person you need to contact...

no, no, no,

They have highly skilled PR people, the answer will be either still be hold back for a probably rather long while, or if it gets to 'hot' it will be a highly skilled answer between the truth and a what you call 'a crisis communication' in PR.

Serious.
*** Image GAFM ***

dom

Post by dom » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:04 am

nuxnamon wrote:it was announced even before the M4L news and we haven't heard anything since.. meanwhile, M4L has gotten alot of publicity from the Cycling74 site and you guys even have a link in your support/FAQ page for M4L along with your teaser videos. There is a general idea of what M4L can do but nothing about the serato collab. why the secrecy? any hints or news. . please :D can I PM Gerhard? he use to be an active member here in the forum..
Sorry, i wasn't available last week.
With M4L we announced a new product and stated pretty much what it will do etc.

Regarding the Serato announcement we did announce an upcoming collaboration and no products - so there's no product talk at all yet, sorry!

Best,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:00 am

It achieved it's aim of stopping a load of people dumping cash on the newly announced Traktor with Midi CLock output then....

Cheers
D

ps maybe i'm cynical?

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 am

S4racen wrote:It achieved it's aim of stopping a load of people dumping cash on the newly announced Traktor with Midi CLock output then....

Cheers
D

ps maybe i'm cynical?
LOL
*** Image GAFM ***

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:02 pm

To be honest I think it wasn't the best move by Ableton / Serrato. And their lack of discourse on the topic is just as bad. . .

Obviously the timing was to prevent sales of the new Traktor. It was exactly the same time. However it's been so long now that something should have been said by Ableton. Rather than the 'no product announcement' line.

I like Ableton as a company, I think their staff are cool and helpful but I also think that as time goes by they seem to be getting more and more dollar focussed and less customer service focussed. Which is a shame as the user base are the ones responsible for promoting the product over the years. yes it's a cool product however I know that by the same token it's the users that really fly the flag for live. . . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:04 pm

tw1nstates wrote:To be honest I think it wasn't the best move by Ableton / Serrato. And their lack of discourse on the topic is just as bad. . .

Obviously the timing was to prevent sales of the new Traktor. It was exactly the same time. However it's been so long now that something should have been said by Ableton. Rather than the 'no product announcement' line.

I like Ableton as a company, I think their staff are cool and helpful but I also think that as time goes by they seem to be getting more and more dollar focussed and less customer service focussed. Which is a shame as the user base are the ones responsible for promoting the product over the years. yes it's a cool product however I know that by the same token it's the users that really fly the flag for live. . . .
*** Image GAFM ***

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:26 pm

dom wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:it was announced even before the M4L news and we haven't heard anything since.. meanwhile, M4L has gotten alot of publicity from the Cycling74 site and you guys even have a link in your support/FAQ page for M4L along with your teaser videos. There is a general idea of what M4L can do but nothing about the serato collab. why the secrecy? any hints or news. . please :D can I PM Gerhard? he use to be an active member here in the forum..
Sorry, i wasn't available last week.
With M4L we announced a new product and stated pretty much what it will do etc.

Regarding the Serato announcement we did announce an upcoming collaboration and no products - so there's no product talk at all yet, sorry!

Best,
Dom
wow.. thanks for atleast being so honest Dom.. So is it safe to to assume that most efforts of the company are for M4L? I still don't get the serato/ableton collab announcement? why announce it at all if there is even no product.. but yeah, just griping and moaning.. it's monday.. but thanks for the response Dom and putting up with the forum..

wait!! stupid thought.. is it possible that M4L is needed to run the serato/ableton product. Hence why the focus first on M4L..

dom

Post by dom » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:03 pm

There's obviously a difference in announcing an upcoming product or in announcing a creative partnership between two companies with two different products.

I heard the question quite often: "why announce it at all if there is even no product?"

As i will not tell you details about this project, let me answer with a counterquestion ;-)

Check Gerhard's quote in the press release you're all talking about:

http://www.ableton.com/serato-partnership

"... rather than try to emulate what Serato do so well, we simply make sure that our products work well together"

Why do people read that as "we silently created the next über-dj-software that blows everything else out of the water - don't buy anything related right now" instead of what it says - making sure that 2 pretty different but wide spread products work well together?

I guess for most of the people speculating about what will be the result it's more of a wish-was-father-of-the-thought situation than actually based on the statements in the press release.

Cheers,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:09 pm

dom wrote:There's obviously a difference in announcing an upcoming product or in announcing a creative partnership between two companies with two different products.

I heard the question quite often: "why announce it at all if there is even no product?"

As i will not tell you details about this project, let me answer with a counterquestion ;-)

Check Gerhard's quote in the press release you're all talking about:

http://www.ableton.com/serato-partnership

"... rather than try to emulate what Serato do so well, we simply make sure that our products work well together"

Why do people read that as "we silently created the next über-dj-software that blows everything else out of the water - don't buy anything related right now" instead of what it says - making sure that 2 pretty different but wide spread products work well together?

I guess for most of the people speculating about what will be the result it's more of a wish-was-father-of-the-thought situation than actually based on the statements in the press release.

Cheers,
Dom
:D
*** Image GAFM ***

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:35 pm

From Ableton:

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us via email and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you use contact@ableton.com in future we will get back to you nice and quickly!

The Serato collaboration is still in development and we don't have a release date set at the moment.

I'm really sorry but I can't give you any more official status on the project as I don't have the information to give you.

I wish I could give you even some further news but unfortunately we will have to wait for further newsletter or website updates.

If you have any further questions or feedback please get in contact and we will be happy to help.

Best regards,
Michael

PS:

When referring to this case, please include
the case number: (Case abletonxxxxx) in the
email subject line.
Last edited by nuxnamon on Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dom

Post by dom » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Maybe you want to remove your personal case number ;-)

Just a hint,
Dom
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:59 pm

thanks Dom!

dom

Post by dom » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:00 pm

you're welcome!
ableton support team
support@ableton.com

kabuki

Post by kabuki » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Dom, you are coming across as a little terse and agitated. Keep in mind, these people pay your salary.

Just a hint. :wink:

In my opinion, silence is not an answer. The correct answer would have been a link to the press release and a highlight of what you showed in you latest answer. Would that have been so hard? Or, perhaps Ableton could have made a sticky if the cacophony of questions was too much to bear. (Dom, I realize you were out last week, or whatever, but it has been ages since the Serato colab was announced...

Honestly, why the attitude? Am I seeing something that isn't there?

Cheers and good luck.
15" PB 2.5 Ghz, 4 Gig RAM, 750 GB HD, Live 9 still no cue points or program change messages?!?. Doesn't do shit.