Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

tw1nstates

Re: Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Post by tw1nstates » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:00 pm

Hidden Driveways wrote:
sporkles wrote: Just thinking with my hands on the keyboard here. :lol:
I dunno, Sporkie. Scratch Live doesn't have a tempo. Everything is done by hand. You control the tempo with the pitch fader on a turntable. How well the tempo is synced is up to you.

But, even if it's something as unexciting as having the two apps work together on a single computer, sharing the dedicated Serato interface (SL1, TTM57, etc.), then I'll be happy with that. In fact, that would rule.

A hybrid Session View/Scratch Live GUI with color-coded waveforms would rule a lot harder.
It'd be nice to have somehting that didn't require *yet* another interface. I have got a usb interface, several pci ones, an 828 and a fireface. I don't need another interface. Just lock up serato with Ilok and give us the software without the harsdware please! I'd buy that in a second.
or challenge response thinking about it cos Iloks could get stolen easily at a gig and they are worth a lot of cash if you have a fair bit of software on them. . .
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

Hidden Driveways

Re: Hey Dom, where's the love for the Serato/Ableton collab?

Post by Hidden Driveways » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:58 pm

tw1nstates wrote:
Hidden Driveways wrote:
sporkles wrote: Just thinking with my hands on the keyboard here. :lol:
I dunno, Sporkie. Scratch Live doesn't have a tempo. Everything is done by hand. You control the tempo with the pitch fader on a turntable. How well the tempo is synced is up to you.

But, even if it's something as unexciting as having the two apps work together on a single computer, sharing the dedicated Serato interface (SL1, TTM57, etc.), then I'll be happy with that. In fact, that would rule.

A hybrid Session View/Scratch Live GUI with color-coded waveforms would rule a lot harder.
It'd be nice to have somehting that didn't require *yet* another interface. I have got a usb interface, several pci ones, an 828 and a fireface. I don't need another interface. Just lock up serato with Ilok and give us the software without the harsdware please! I'd buy that in a second.
or challenge response thinking about it cos Iloks could get stolen easily at a gig and they are worth a lot of cash if you have a fair bit of software on them. . .
I agree. Keep Ableton dongle free!