Gay?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
SubFunk

Re: Gay?

Post by SubFunk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:47 pm

Rave wrote:Ok I have posted up few options for the text.

Have switched to black to keep you Germans happy :P
black on white?

that leaves a bitter taste, dude :lol:
*** Image GAFM ***

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:52 pm

None of those font choices you posted look professional... I'd also second everything Thomas has mentioned.

LiquidFix

Post by LiquidFix » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:52 pm

at least there's no steam punk
Live 8 Sweet, APC40, GR-20, livecontrol, PCR-300, Torq Xponent, Parker NiteFly, Logic, other assorted fun Softies plus quasi penchant for Mumbo Sauce and ability to get yuppies furiously heated within minutes.

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:58 pm

personally i don't like any of those either, but what the heck choose your own.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:20 pm

Rave wrote:Please post examples of what you think is pro guys

Me thinks this is like music.
i might be wrong here rave, but choosing a fond can't be that hard... choose something YOU like and can look at, more important is the content.

do you think coca cola was pro before the product got famous?, or mc donald's? or whatever, we just accept it because we got attached to the product and it's quality (or not) behind it, maybe i am wrong, but that is how i look at it, yes in a way same as music, it's about you deciding.

make a decision, built quality content, that will make it's way... shit fond or not, who wants to say anyways? (you can discuss endless about taste) make a decision! and people will get used to it, grow balls, mate.

my2cents.
*** Image GAFM ***

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:34 pm

Rave wrote:LOL, all I am asking is for a second opinion, call it a brain storming session if you like :)
At the end of the day I make the final decision as it is me after all that has to live with it :)

However in order to understand a persons point of view it is constructive to understand what they do like.
alrighty than i got you wrong. peace.

it's just weird to me. fair enough.
*** Image GAFM ***

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:06 pm

Hmmmm. None of the logos look like a deep house logo. More techno. And most of them very similar/recognisable to ones already out there.

Go for some crazy organic design reflecting the tribal/organic roots of your chowns bro.

Go for individuality and originality.

Choose life.

(take ye not any steer from my site btw, which is completely the opposite to everything I would actually want/like...but it was cheapo. :lol: )

Bilbaeno

Post by Bilbaeno » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:10 pm

I prefer the second one.
The texture on the first one looks creap.
Clean up the quality of the second one though.

heavensdaw

Post by heavensdaw » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Must say I'm not that into the name either that much..

Don't think it describes your music.. unless your about to release some ragas under the name of The Poppadom Allstars! :D

Give it some more thought mate..

My 2c

Hd

8O

Post by 8O » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:20 pm

heavensdaw wrote:Don't think it describes your music.. unless your about to release some ragas under the name of The Poppadom Allstars! :D
I was thinking the same thing, but then I though, nah, what comes around, goes around, you know, good korma...

...I'll get my coat...

Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:22 am

i prefer number 5, it's understandable as the work tikka, but also more abstract than the others, making it more of a logo

And the black is way better than the weird red orange gradient thing imo

porfiry

Post by porfiry » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:06 am

The longer I go on and keep designing things, the more convinced I am that all text design should be in either Helvetica or Futura. If you can't make perfectly interesting yet clean and useful things with those two seminal fonts, you're just not a designer. Anything from punk rock to an IRS tax form to the authoritarian TARGET logo build identity around these bland-assed fonts, particularly Helvetica. All the personalization you need is in the huge variety of weights and widths and oblique styles and such that are offered with these fully fleshed-out actual font sets.

The trick is just to arrange them in a weird way or add a graphical logo to set them off, like the Target bullseye or squashing the two words together like AmericanAirlines or using all uppercase like Target does, etc.

You could take the word "tikka," put it in all lowercase using the hyper-skinny Helvetica, make a solid black circle to the left of the word and put an uppercase white bold Helvetica T in there. Stuff like that conveys the name and becomes recognizable (iconic, even), fits easily into page layout, sends a message of intelligence and modernity and a lack of bullshit. Then you win.

Here is a version of my webpage that I spent Xteen hours on and never finished, kind of like the way I do music. It contains nothing but cheesy repeating filler text and leads nowhere, but it illustrates a little bit how you can take a brutal font like Helvetica and make it at least a little whitebread funky, kind of like Karl Rove rapping. :|

http://www.coffeeemergency.com/nucoffeeemergency.com/