Anyone using Arturia CS80 synth in Live?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
tw1nstates

Anyone using Arturia CS80 synth in Live?

Post by tw1nstates » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:20 pm

Hello all,

I am a bit flummoxed here.

I am using Arturia's cs80 synth in Live, all is well however I can't seem to record automation for the brilliance control (like master filter).

It lets me move it fine and changes the sound however doesn't record the changes.

So, i also tried loading it in Kore and mapping to one of the controllers. Same deal. No automation recorded. Wierd. . .

Other parameters can be recorded. . .

If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

zenvision

Re: Anyone using Arturia CS80 synth in Live?

Post by zenvision » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:46 pm

yeah it's a problem with the cs80, some of the parameters just can't be automated. it's really annoying i know! i'd love to be able to automate the ribbon strip especially

the only way to get around it is to record it live as an audio track... :/
Alex

fragmentated

Post by fragmentated » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:58 pm

That is one annoying thing about the Arturia synths. Most of them all have unexposed parameters.

If I remember correctly though that control can be midi learned. After that you can draw the automation in the clip using the midi cc you assigned to it. Best work around I can think of short of recording the audio as zenvision stated.

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:53 am

yes, bad design!

I thought i had left the manuals at my old place however a quick search last night discovered the CS80 one a nd lo and behold the brilliance know was the one they were talking about automating using the system that fragmented described (thanks for that! . ).

Still haven't worked out how to use it in Kore, I know that the kore controller now acts as a midi controller so must look into that as well.

Thanks All
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave