Polanski arrested in Switzerland on US warrant!!

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Earwax69

Polanski arrested in Switzerland on US warrant!!

Post by Earwax69 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:14 am

Im in shock...

"Director Roman Polanski has been taken into custody on a 31-year-old US arrest warrant, Swiss police have confirmed."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8277176.stm

Here a song named Polanski's Chinatown on my last year album;
http://saturdaylo-fi.bandcamp.com/track ... -chinatown

Has anyone seen the documentary "Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired"?? A really amazing 2008 film relating all the 1977 events. 88% and certified fresh on Rottentomatoes.com

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/roman_p ... d_desired/

elementv

Re: Polanski arrested in Switzerland on US warrant!!

Post by elementv » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:55 pm

It's about time. His movies are great but it doesn't justify what he did.

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:52 pm

30 years is a long time to hold a grudge. The 'victim' doesn't want any of this, but hey, let's lynch some guy for seducing/molesting a 13 year old in a drug haze probably to escape the fact that the Manson family cut his wife's unborn baby out of her belly. Makes sense to me. :twisted:

One bad dog move doesn't mean the pup has rabies. The witch hunt part of this is beyond lame.

anachroschism

Post by anachroschism » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:57 pm

Ah, the US government. Wasting money of futile escapades since.....ever.

And what the hell, I thought Swizterland was neutral and this kind of stuff wasnt allowed? hell I can go a few miles south to Mexico and the american police cant nab me.

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 pm

damn 31 years, wish i could go that long without getting a ticket for something and avoiding authorities...
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

LoopStationZebra

Post by LoopStationZebra » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:01 pm

a blow to Pedos everywhere.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:55 pm

Machinesworking

Post by Machinesworking » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:01 am

4chan is everywhere now.... :|

alex.the.forge

Post by alex.the.forge » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:08 am

I actually find it quite amazing that there are so many people against this. If this was anybody else at all not famous the villagers would be out with pitch forks putting signs outside his house - that exact thing has just happened here and the opinion seems to be pretty much universal loathing for the guy they are after.

My guess is in Polanski's case the girl was probably starry eyed and willing, which is not the same as the dude here who I think was a pretty nasty rapist, but even still, you just don't go there. Polanski really should have had more sense no matter how keen the girl was. You just don't go there. You'd have to be a certain kind of fuckwit to have that little self control. Even on the most outlandish of drug cocktails you just wouldn't go there.

Personally I doubt I'd shag anyone below 25, let alone under 18. 13 is just fucking stupid. He is actually by definition a Pedophile no matter what movies he made.

I do agree it's lame they are pursuing it if the girl doesn't want them too, but again, you just don't go there.
Last edited by alex.the.forge on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:09 am

hehe Pedo bear disapprove!

Polanski was not a pedo and he did not rape the girl (opinion of the psychogist at the court, not mine) . He had sex with her. The mother of the girl sent her for a nude photo shoot, well aware that Polanski had slept with a 15 years old girl before and made her famous. It was the way it was in europe at the time. The girl had drugs on her, she bring that to the shoot, and they blamed Polanski of giving drugs to her. The victim's lawyer, the prosecutor, the defense and the psy all agreed that Polanski deserved no jail time. The judge wanted to be famous, he wanted a big case.

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:15 am

Machinesworking wrote:30 years is a long time to hold a grudge. The 'victim' doesn't want any of this, but hey, let's lynch some guy for seducing/molesting a 13 year old in a drug haze probably to escape the fact that the Manson family cut his wife's unborn baby out of her belly. Makes sense to me. :twisted:

One bad dog move doesn't mean the pup has rabies. The witch hunt part of this is beyond lame.
So the witch hunt doesn't make sense to you but molesting a 13-year-old somehow does?

Congrats, you've actually managed to creep me out.
Unsound Designer

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:22 am

:lol:

/wipes beer off keyboard.

who's going to prosecute him if the victim wants nothing to do with it?
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:31 am

Alex, you judge it by today's standards. It was the 70' and Polanski was in the wildest of it. He could not even believe it when the arrested him. It was that bad!

Today the laws have changed but still hollywood and the music labels incite the kids to hypersexuality and nobody cares.

You say he should have known better but he did not. Nobody around him did, not even the victim mother. America had Jerry Lee Lewis controversy 20 years ago, Europe did not have that kind of taboo yet.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:33 am

Earwax69 wrote:Alex, you judge it by today's standards. It was the 70' and Polanski was in the wildest of it. He could not even believe it when the arrested him. It was that bad!

Today the laws have changed but still hollywood and the music labels incite the kids to hypersexuality and nobody cares.

You say he should have known better but he did not. Nobody around him did, not even the victim mother. America had Jerry Lee Lewis controversy 20 years ago, Europe did not have that kind of taboo yet.

+1 What a great fKn photo 8)

Earwax69

Post by Earwax69 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:43 am

It was that wild!!