OT: A system that would replace money

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
bugzy

Re: OT: A system that would replace money

Post by bugzy » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:00 pm

Our small company is using the service of this website.

http://www.inin.com/productsolutions/pages/cbpa.aspx

It saves us from lots of works and increases our income

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:04 pm

bugzy wrote:Our small company is using the service of this website.

http://www.inin.com/productsolutions/pages/cbpa.aspx

It saves us from lots of works and increases our income
they have a lot of products. how is it that they help you?
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:10 pm

I work for a large company, in "global product solutions". My job pays my bills, and is no use to anybody. But thankfully I get away with it because nobody understands what it is I (don't) do.
Under your system, how will I get my cabbages? Will i be forced to sell my poor rotten arse to someone down the road with a few spare credits? or can I carry on using my lovely money to buy my cabbages with?

brightonalex

Post by brightonalex » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:16 pm

Wouldn't a less mental solution to be to shop from small traders, where you know more or less where your money is going, or from co-operatives, and organisations like John Lewis in the UK, that are owned by their workers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooperative

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Lewis_Partnership

Edit: Jesus, I am in the wrong job!!!!
The John Lewis Partnership has a very extensive programme of social activities for its partners, including two large country estates with parklands, playing fields and tennis courts; a golf club; a sailing club with five cruising yachts and two country hotels offering holiday accommodation for the partners. Partners are also enrolled in a very favourable pension scheme, receive a death in service insurance, and are given very generous holidays. In addition to this, upon completing 25 years of service for the company, partners are given a paid 6 month break.

Finally, every partner receives an Annual Bonus, which is a share of the profit. It is calculated as a percentage of the salary, with the same percentage for everyone, from top management down to the shop floor and the storage rooms. The bonus is dependent on the profitability of the partnership each year, varying between 9% and 20% of the partners' annual salaries since 2000. The Annual Partnership Bonus for 2008 was 20% of a partner's gross earnings for the 2007/2008 financial year. The Annual Partnership Bonus for 2009 was 13% of a partner's gross earnings for the 2008/2009 financial year.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Why hasn't our civilization evolved to be like on Star Trek?... where everybody looks good in tight suits and nobody needs money. It's pathetic, we've been around for more or less ten thousand years and we still clobber each other on the head when we want to take something. :roll:

9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Oct 06, 2009 7:03 pm

I´ve got the program figured out now:

Its a virtual marketplace that works peer to peer (there is no such thing yet as far as I can tell - this idea alone has great potential me thinks - no more ebay-costs). You can pay in real money or in virtual money, depending on what the parties agree. If the other party lets you pay in virtual money, you can think of it as a credit that he is giving you, until a trading circle closes.

Whatcha think?

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:44 pm

me thinks the potential to be robbed is 50%, 33.3%, 25%, 20%, on so on as you add new members to the circle with a sliding scale in case 2, 3, 4 and so on of them are thieves instead of just the one rotten apple.

I would hate to trade my melted vinyl and earwax candles for credits that no one comes back to honor - not worth the paper or the pixels the print is on.

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:20 pm

H20nly wrote:me thinks the potential to be robbed is 50%, 33.3%, 25%, 20%, on so on as you add new members to the circle with a sliding scale in case 2, 3, 4 and so on of them are thieves instead of just the one rotten apple.

I would hate to trade my melted vinyl and earwax candles for credits that no one comes back to honor - not worth the paper or the pixels the print is on.
You don´t have to, you can sell them for money. But its true, maybe few people will be willing to take the first step in accepting a new currency.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:22 pm

This idea of yours is very bad

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 pm

beats me wrote:This idea of yours is very bad
the only thing that makes it bad seems to be that a lot of people think its bad :( . Nevertheless I think there are people that are eager to get out of the current bank system.

beats me

Post by beats me » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:45 pm

The real problem is while you're attempting to escape the elitist system run by bankers and corporations you are starting the foundation of another elitist popularity contest based system in the worst time in history for people's unjustified sense of self importance.

A short list of people who also wanted to escape the system:

The Manson Family
Jonestown
The Branch Davidians

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:49 pm

yeah you should be careful before you get Patriot Acted :|

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:01 pm

beats me wrote:The real problem is while you're attempting to escape the elitist system run by bankers and corporations you are starting the foundation of another elitist popularity contest based system in the worst time in history for people's unjustified sense of self importance.

The Manson Family
Jonestown
The Branch Davidians
All hail to the current system then.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:03 pm

beats me wrote:This idea of yours is very bad

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

usually when people set up a financial system they know something about finance and at least have a basic vocabulary of financial structures and institutions. what you're suggesting isn't difficult to understand, we get where you're coming from. if you want to take it to the point of actually working you should know something about finance and take it to a finance forum. I don't see the point of talking about this crap here. we're music people, we don't spend out time educating ourselves about financial institutions, it's BOOOOORING.

Grappadura wrote:
beats me wrote:The real problem is while you're attempting to escape the elitist system run by bankers and corporations you are starting the foundation of another elitist popularity contest based system in the worst time in history for people's unjustified sense of self importance.

The Manson Family
Jonestown
The Branch Davidians
All hail to the current system then.
true. all hail living with the current system and not worrying about money. money can buy you happiness you can stop worrying about it. how you get there is up to you.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Grappadura

Post by Grappadura » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:10 pm

The Manson Family
Jonestown
The Branch Davidians
I´m really just trying to get rid of the banks, which are an unnecessery parasite in the system. It used to work without banks, and we can apply that very basic system again. Its about freeing your mind really.

I think one of the side-effects getting rid of the banks is that you break out of this stupid economy system were people work harder than ever before even though we´ve got all the knowledge we need to peace out. And the main reason is that some people have the power over this system and can manipulate it to get richer and richer while others remain paralized because they have no money. So unnecessary. But its been like that for ages, and so nobody believes this could work. But it has worked before, its the most basic way to make business. Without a third manipulating party, that lives off the blood of the others.

Make yourself clear: Money is a promise, and only banks are allowed to make this promise. Why???