OT: A system that would replace money

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Grappadura

OT: A system that would replace money

Post by Grappadura » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:30 pm

Since friday I´m thinking about a system that would replace the monetary system. You would be independent from banks and those parties who issue the money, making your money less valuable (vampires).

So, the idea is basically networking in a way that you do business only with those people who you personally know. Of course you don´t know the southamerican farmer who´s coffee you bought today. But, if you were well informed, you could buy just the coffee from that southamerican farmer who you have the most connection with. This can be sorted out via networking. The more people are in this system, the better it works. So the scenario in the end is: You go to the coffee shop that is owned by a friend of a friend of your aunt, and buy the coffee that was planted by the cousin of a friend of a friend of a friend.

This way the money stays in your social system. The money that you trade in is virtual money, it doesn´t loose its value (you take todays currency as a starting point). There is no bank in between.

I´ll post some more on this later, plz. discuss.
KnobCloud - marketplace for audio software

smartass303

Re: OT: A system that would replace money

Post by smartass303 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:31 pm

take a look around man,
your nuts...

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:37 pm

the only way that could work if if you're prepared to go amish

modern technology is way too complex for you to know everyone who manufactures your goods

ChiDJ

Post by ChiDJ » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:39 pm

That must be some really good weed you're smoking!

Can you hook me up?

:lol:
"Let you're body feel the sound! Let it cover you up and down!"

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:42 pm

+1...about to smoke a fatty right now :mrgreen:
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

stringtapper

Post by stringtapper » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Good, when you're done re-read this and explain to me what the hell he's talking about ok?
Unsound Designer

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:59 pm

Yes! Great idea. Next year I will send a big crate of oranges and grapefruit to Berlin... and the Abes will send me Live 9 Suite. Or maybe they would probably prefer some stylish alligator shoes made by the local Seminole tribesmith? :roll:
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

john doe by choice

Post by john doe by choice » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:09 pm

Angstrom

Post by Angstrom » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:14 pm

here's long story short:

In about 1992 my dad invented a system to replace money, he had backing from influential types (Lords / captains of industry). The system involved the trade of services within a collectively arbitrated social meritocracy, all this done over the fledgling internet. With the backing, and the systems in place it looked like being a big success, just enough of a success that ...

He was put in prison for treason
The basis of that charge was 'undermining the currency', and that's treason in the UK, as it undermines the government.

I think you'll find that other governments react the same way to systems which remove their control. Secret prison for you my friend, and I hope you like electro-testicles.

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:16 pm

wow

zalo

Post by zalo » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:20 pm

i thought you were going to say sea shells

smartass303

Post by smartass303 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:25 pm

:?:

liveISlife

Post by liveISlife » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:29 pm

Yeah bro, I'm feeling that. Go back to our roots and live of the land. Fuck it, I'd live like the Amish people. My grandparents live over by them (they are not Amish though) and they got a shit load of land and hot assed amish bitches.

bodhi71

Post by bodhi71 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:07 pm

Angstrom wrote:here's long story short:

In about 1992 my dad invented a system to replace money, he had backing from influential types (Lords / captains of industry). The system involved the trade of services within a collectively arbitrated social meritocracy, all this done over the fledgling internet. With the backing, and the systems in place it looked like being a big success, just enough of a success that ...

He was put in prison for treason
The basis of that charge was 'undermining the currency', and that's treason in the UK, as it undermines the government.

I think you'll find that other governments react the same way to systems which remove their control. Secret prison for you my friend, and I hope you like electro-testicles.
Angstrom...
Are you for real? Can you elaborate a bit more? How did it work?

Emissary

Post by Emissary » Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:09 pm

This is already happening in some parts of the US and will become more widespread as it sinks further into depression.