All times are UTC

Post subject: Saving Midi Mapping
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:44 pm 

Was wandering if ableton live6 is able to save midi map settings. Linked to Hercules we have most of the mappin complete. How can we/ or can we? Have this open in a new project. Would it be a case of saving the project as a blank file (but with midi map settings) and opening that blank file as a new project? or can it save another way?

Thanks
McBob
(Linda)

Post subject: Re: Saving Midi Mapping
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:52 pm 

mcBOB wrote:
save the project as a blank file (but with midi map settings) and open that blank file as a new project.

I save mine with a leading "_" so they're listed first in my projects directory.

for example:
_BCR_template
_guitar_bass_mic
_looper_setup

you can open that template set then use the Live browser to browse to older sets and drag stuff from the old into the new.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 6:57 pm 

Tone Deft wrote:
mcBOB wrote:
save the project as a blank file (but with midi map settings) and open that blank file as a new project.

I save mine with a leading "_" so they're listed first in my projects directory.

for example:
_BCR_template
_guitar_bass_mic
_looper_setup

you can open that template set then use the Live browser to browse to older sets and drag stuff from the old into the new.

Thankyou!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 pm 

Extending this question to Live 8: I'm guessing it's not possible because I've tried it but does anyone know if there is a way to save MIDI mappings on a synth and then drag that saved map/template into any project?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:13 pm 

bump..

I know about the template stuff.. but I have several projects that have been made prior to making such templates..

edit.. ok, i think i see that this is still a feature requested by users..nvm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:04 am 

Smellhound wrote:
Extending this question to Live 8: I'm guessing it's not possible because I've tried it but does anyone know if there is a way to save MIDI mappings on a synth and then drag that saved map/template into any project?

No. But what you can do is save Live sets that only have a single synth in it. You can drag live sets into each other from the browser.

So you can't save the synth mapping directly but you can do pretty much the same thing by saving live sets as mappings and dragging them into your current set. I believe that's what the other poster is saying with the "_" suggestion.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:32 pm 

Does anyone know if this works in the current version of live (8.2.1)?

I have tried but cannot make it work!!

Cheers,
Stax.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:29 pm 

bump

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:32 pm 

Quote:
No. But what you can do is save Live sets that only have a single synth in it. You can drag live sets into each other from the browser.

Anyone? did this used to work but no longer does?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:55 pm 

I would much like to see this feature also.

Currently I am in the process of setting up maps for instruments and creating custom touchOSC templates for popular instruments of mine. The only way to avoid remappng MIDI assignments all the time is to save the instrument as a "template" and then load this template. The issue is of course that sometimes depending on the project it's not possible to have all the instruments I want pre-loaded OR I open an old project that's been sitting around for a while and then want to add another instrument.

It is possible to drag a project into another project and have it load up the tracks with the macro assignments and everything (as posted above) EXCEPT the MIDI mappings are not imported. I would love to see a pop-up box asking if MIDI mappings can be imported.

Kind of stuck at this point because its difficult to constantly stop and map controls and extremely hard to design a control surface layout when you have to re-map controls every time.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:01 pm 

+1 !!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:27 am 

Agreed.

This is massively annoying that midi mapping can't be saved in racks. Kills my workflow.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:34 am 

sorry for bumping an old thread but I wanted to know if the saving live sets with mapped material still works... I'm using 8.2. I saved a set and tried to drag it into a new set but its not working...