Axiom Pro (49) questions

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Airbase

Axiom Pro (49) questions

Post by Airbase » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:47 pm

I feel so stupid. I've read the quick guide, the user guide and the guide specifically for Axiom use with Live. And I still don't understand a thing. This HyperControl software is far from obvious.

I might need some more time to wrap my stupid brain around this piece of software, but a few question needs to be answered asap:

1: In session mode, when I try to double click a midi clip, I don't get the piano roll. Live flashes, and I only get the instrument and fx chain view. Same when trying to un-arm a midi channel, it flashes gray for a brief moment but goes back to being armed. Whats up with that? It all works like it should when I turn the surface off.

2: Will the first knob always be pan in mixer mode and device on/off in device mode? No way to assign that myself?

3: speaking of assigning, all controls being chosen in the Live configure mode gets assigned to the next free knob. Apart from moving the configure bits around, is there a way for me to assign any knob to anything I want? Example: putting Cutoff on the eight knob without first filling the other seven knobs with controls?

4: again speaking of assigning, all sliders handle channel volumes no matter what mode I'm on. Can't I assign those to whatever I want?

And again, sorry for the broken brain questions. I seem to lack the fundamental way of working with control surfaces (it's my first control surface).

// Jezper
Long Live Live.

8O

Re: Axiom Pro (49) questions

Post by 8O » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:55 pm

Airbase wrote:...Same when trying to un-arm a midi channel, it flashes gray for a brief moment but goes back to being armed. Whats up with that? It all works like it should when I turn the surface off.
This sounds like some kind of unintentional midi feedback going on there - what are your midi settings in Live's preferences? Try disabling all of the midi outs and see if that helps.

Airbase

Post by Airbase » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Thanks for the tip, but didn't work.

Right now I'm even stuck on trying to assign anything to any knob. I fail miserable. I've read the whole manual twice now, and nowhere can I find any info on how you assign knobs to anything in any vst...

Tried for an hour now to get a knob to control the Cutoff of Gladiator. I'm furious here...
Long Live Live.

8O

Post by 8O » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:06 pm

I don't know the HyperControl software, maybe that's overriding other settings... but at the moment what do you have enabled/disabled in Live's midi preferences and control surfaces? And as it's your first control surface, you are familiar with the manual midi mapping process in Live (chapter 28 in the L8 manual), right?

gjm

Post by gjm » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:04 pm

Have you seen this thread? Not sure if it offers answers but might help fill in some details about the Axiom Pro 49 and Live.

All the Best. G.
iMac - 10.10.3 - Live 9 Suite - APC40 - Axiom 61 - TX81z - Firestudio Mobile - Focal Alpha 80's - Godin Session - Home made foot controller

Airbase

Post by Airbase » Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:13 pm

Checked it out, but only added more questions.

It's going back to the store tomorrow. Piece of shit.

// Jezper
Long Live Live.