APC 40 customisation idea - momentary switches

Discuss Live-ready controllers other than Push.

APC 40 customisation idea - momentary switches

Post by 4.33 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:28 pm

wouldn't it be cool to have some buttons as momentary switches on APC40 (i.e. effect is only ON when the button is held, and OFF when released), controlling only Live's native devices and without third-party plugins or Bomes??

we can use dummy clips in the Gate mode and with quantization set to None to achieve this behaviour BUT we need to come up with the solution of how to bypass the actual effect when it's not used.

(no, there's no use of mapping the dummy clip and the on/off switch to the same APC button, as it's toggling by default)

any ideas?

Android Bishop

Re: APC 40 customisation idea - momentary switches

Post by Android Bishop » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:54 pm

this is why I still have my nocturn or remote zero alongside the apc

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:29 pm

Nice work

but yeah an Akai editor Program would be the thing IMO.
Black Mac Book 2.16 4gigs of Ram > Ableton 7 Suite > Komplete 5 > APC40 > Novation Remote SL25 > Allen and Heath Xone 92 > Korg Kaoscillator

www.soundcloud.com/Alextronica

Post by 4.33 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:40 pm

the_antagonist wrote:i saw what you requested on you tube.
can you find it?

Michael Hatsis

Post by Michael Hatsis » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 am

This is how I have my speaker, solo and rec buttons set up on the APC. I have them so when I have held down they turn the sends dial for that track, Then when I release, the dial goes back down. I actually have a toggle that switches between toggle and momentary for these. so I can just turn them on and leave em on. cant stand having to bank around to play with sends. I use Max, but you could use something like MIDIpipe, Bidule ( both free ) or bomes which i don't know if its free anymore.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:26 am

mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:This is how I have my speaker, solo and rec buttons set up on the APC. I have them so when I have held down they turn the sends dial for that track, Then when I release, the dial goes back down. I actually have a toggle that switches between toggle and momentary for these. so I can just turn them on and leave em on. cant stand having to bank around to play with sends. I use Max, but you could use something like MIDIpipe, Bidule ( both free ) or bomes which i don't know if its free anymore.
Hi! Will Max will do a permanent change in the hardware if you customized it without running the software everytime in the background while using the APC40 after customizing it?
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:49 am

chelemasty wrote:
mike@TrackTeam Audio wrote:This is how I have my speaker, solo and rec buttons set up on the APC. I have them so when I have held down they turn the sends dial for that track, Then when I release, the dial goes back down. I actually have a toggle that switches between toggle and momentary for these. so I can just turn them on and leave em on. cant stand having to bank around to play with sends. I use Max, but you could use something like MIDIpipe, Bidule ( both free ) or bomes which i don't know if its free anymore.
Hi! Will Max will do a permanent change in the hardware if you customized it without running the software everytime in the background while using the APC40 after customizing it?
no. it's just software that will listen to the APC and send messages to Live.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:22 am

Tone Deft wrote: no. it's just software that will listen to the APC and send messages to Live.
I see, thanks. Can't wait for "an affordable price announcement" of Max 4 Live...LOL Only if it is.
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

infinitesinewave

Post by infinitesinewave » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:19 pm

I can't believe it's 2013... Still no simple way to make buttons have momentary controls in the apc40. There are a couple of max 4 live devices but you're stuck with the solo or track select buttons only.

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:10 pm

infinitesinewave wrote:I can't believe it's 2013... Still no simple way to make buttons have momentary controls in the apc40. There are a couple of max 4 live devices but you're stuck with the solo or track select buttons only.
then get off your winy ass and make it happen. :roll:

try some of that max4Live shit.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz

Logic8807

Post by Logic8807 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:16 pm

This is what I wan't to use my Quneo for since I have pads on the MPK61 already. I can just make it a preset and swap when I need it for mobile drums.
https://soundcloud.com/thegraysmith/asp ... itch-remix

Check me out...let me know what ya'll think.

S4racen

Post by S4racen » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Tone Deft wrote:
infinitesinewave wrote:I can't believe it's 2013... Still no simple way to make buttons have momentary controls in the apc40. There are a couple of max 4 live devices but you're stuck with the solo or track select buttons only.
then get off your winy ass and make it happen. :roll:

try some of that max4Live shit.
Hahaha, did it in 2011...

Cheers
D

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:06 pm

:lol:

it's pretty amazing what some of you guys have done with that stuff, props.
In my life
Why do I smile
-Moz