What laptop stand are you rockin'?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Re: What laptop stand are you rockin'?

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:29 am

use the griffin and its pretty good, the rubber pads dont seem like there coming off tho, works great.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

outershpongolia

Post by outershpongolia » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:50 pm

oblique strategies wrote:
LoopStationZebra wrote:Always like Christopher Willits' setup. Gotta get rid of my dorky keyboard stand setup, get some mic stands, and rig something like this up. Very minimal. Nice.

+1

I had a similar vision a while back of having everything on mic stands. Only a few gear manufactures realize this potential & build their gear with threads for mic attachment. Kudos to Alesis for their AirFX & AirSynths, & to Musitronics for the mic stand attachment on my good old Bi-Phase.

Fortunately, there are a few companies (Quik Lok for one), that make small shelves that attach to mic stands.
better use a tripod style stand instead of the ones with the circular bottom, definitely don't see how those would work once you're jammin' away on your gear.

nicogrubert

Post by nicogrubert » Wed May 26, 2010 7:49 am

Does anybody have this one ("Crane stand")?
http://www.thecranestand.com/pages/buy.html