motu volta users?

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
greenscreens

motu volta users?

Post by greenscreens » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:05 pm

anyone use the motu volta? is it out yet? just wondering if it can send note data to an sh101 from the computer or an external midi controller

Illiac

Re: motu volta users?

Post by Illiac » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:45 pm

it's been out for a while now. yes, you can send note data from the computer if you have a motu interface. no, you cannot send note data from your midi controller, you need a computer to run volta on.

There's also Silent way (cheaper, no dongle) or you can do all of this right in Live with samples. been doing it for a while.

greenscreens

Post by greenscreens » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:46 am

volta uses a dongle?. all i want to do is to be able to control a roland mc 202 input as if there was a midi cable plugged into it so i can take my midi clips from live and send it to the synth. is this possible with silent way?

GUY SMILEY

Post by GUY SMILEY » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:39 am

bumb (thanks for the tip about silent way)

hyena

Post by hyena » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:57 am

if you happen to have a motu or another dc-coupled audio interface, you can build yourself a computer to CV interface with max msp or puredata. max for live will be the holy grail for this kind of stuff.
im a total noob in max\msp but i managed to build a simple interface to drive my korg ms-20. it is far from finished but it does work!
here's a thread on the cycling 74 forum:
http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.p ... msg_165041

swishniak

Post by swishniak » Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:13 pm

yeah its also possible to send a basic cv signal (if you have a motu or other dc coupled interface) from live. . there was a user here who posted some videos of controlling analog synths straght out of live just using audio clips of waves and wave sweeps.. i forget his name but he did a great job.