What PRO isn't using a Mac on stage?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
33tetragammon

Re: What PRO isn't using a Mac on stage?

Post by 33tetragammon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:47 pm

nebulae wrote:These hacks go by the name of Kraftwerk. And their piece-of-shit PC laptops are Sony Vaio.

Check and mate. Bitch.
8O geez,how old are those guys,man?!?!?!

broc

Post by broc » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:56 pm

33tetragammon wrote:geez,how old are those guys,man?!?!?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraftwerk

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:36 pm

if you ask me Kraftwerk are probably one of the most influential groups of the 20th century.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:40 pm

Sage wrote:
H20nly wrote:^ I think he is implying that Fenders and Macs are better.

so he's wrong twice.
Modern Gibsons are overpriced garbage and you'd have to be a moron to buy one over a Fender, plus if you fuck the neck on a Fender you don't need to buy a new guitar... and you could beat a man to death with a Telecaster and it'll still be in tune and never get lost in a mix.
Comparing a Fender to a Gibson is like comparing apples to oranges. You buy one or the other because of their drastically different sound (or better yet, you own both).

As to Gibsons being garbage, I don't think so. You can, however, always buy lemons by any manufacturer. That is why I prefer to buy my guitars used - at least 5 years of constant use is nice. That way the guitar has been broken in and I see which way it is heading in terms of build quality.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:56 pm

citizenchris099 wrote:if you ask me Kraftwerk are probably one of the most influential groups of the 20th century.
yeah macaroni, cheese, easy mac, salad dressing. Kraft's work really has been a major part of our lives.

Sage

Post by Sage » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Da hand wrote:
Sage wrote:
H20nly wrote:^ I think he is implying that Fenders and Macs are better.

so he's wrong twice.
Modern Gibsons are overpriced garbage and you'd have to be a moron to buy one over a Fender, plus if you fuck the neck on a Fender you don't need to buy a new guitar... and you could beat a man to death with a Telecaster and it'll still be in tune and never get lost in a mix.
Comparing a Fender to a Gibson is like comparing apples to oranges. You buy one or the other because of their drastically different sound (or better yet, you own both).

As to Gibsons being garbage, I don't think so. You can, however, always buy lemons by any manufacturer. That is why I prefer to buy my guitars used - at least 5 years of constant use is nice. That way the guitar has been broken in and I see which way it is heading in terms of build quality.
You can make any guitar do whatever you want, it just depends on what you prefer playing and at base you want to start from.

The only Gibsons I've ever liked have all been vintage ones, the necks are totally different to new ones.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:01 pm

Sage wrote: Modern Gibsons are overpriced garbage and you'd have to be a moron to buy one over a Fender
so what kind of guitar do you play? :roll:

How did Gibson get involved again? :roll: :roll:

interwebz definition of "The Best" adj. & n.
- the one "I" have
- the one "I" want

roach808

Post by roach808 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:14 pm

Plague1715 wrote:
pulsoc wrote:Image
The lights and visuals for that tour were run off macs, though :D

that's an actual frame slipped in there for the Visual Content during The Great Destroyer. sorry i kicked into video geek mode, time to go drink more whiskey and sort that problem out.
roach- the other white meat
http://www.themenacetosobriety.com/blog/
MBP, Live Suite, and lots of nice analogue gear.

Da hand

Post by Da hand » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:32 pm

Sage wrote: You can make any guitar do whatever you want, it just depends on what you prefer playing and at base you want to start from.
I disagree. Of course, you can play whatever notes you want, but you will never get that distinct Fender twang from a Gibson or the same warm sustained sweet tone from a Fender. That is why so many people have both, as they complement each other.
Sage wrote: The only Gibsons I've ever liked have all been vintage ones, the necks are totally different to new ones.
I haven't checked out any guitars recently, so I cannot really argue there :wink:

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:33 pm

^^^^
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

33tetragammon

Post by 33tetragammon » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:34 pm

roach808 wrote:
Plague1715 wrote:
pulsoc wrote:Image
The lights and visuals for that tour were run off macs, though :D

that's an actual frame slipped in there for the Visual Content during The Great Destroyer. sorry i kicked into video geek mode, time to go drink more whiskey and sort that problem out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Goran@Irrupt

Post by Goran@Irrupt » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:59 pm

Deadbeat is using Dell laptop on stage.

*please don't ask who's Deadbeat.
http://www.irrupt.com ? Irrupt Studios / A&R

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 pm

H20nly wrote:
citizenchris099 wrote:if you ask me Kraftwerk are probably one of the most influential groups of the 20th century.
yeah macaroni, cheese, easy mac, salad dressing. Kraft's work really has been a major part of our lives.

H20nly

Post by H20nly » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:06 pm

roach808 wrote:that's an actual frame slipped in there for the Visual Content during The Great Destroyer.
"Trent Reznor, the front man of NiN, has stated that they did this intentionally, but we still had to include it because it’s just plain cool"
http://royal.pingdom.com/2008/10/09/blu ... locations/

the interwebz, for every search there is an opposite and nullifying search

It actually looks kind of cool to me. I'd rock a show in front of a BSOD. I'd probably do it with the Mac one though because that would piss Mac users off more and I think thats funny.

Mac vs. PC is about as stupid as Fender vs. Gibson or Chocolate vs. Vanilla.

"It just works" is a slogan that has obviously just worked but at the end of the day Chevrolet can spend a bozillion dollars telling me their cars are the bestest and I'm still not buying one or maybe I am. I'm more likely to buy one because 3 of my friends have them and like them than because some pretty woman on a TV commercial said to or because they have done the best job at corporate branding.

a cow says moo.

a sheep says Maaaac

@ beats me the answer to your question lies somewhere between whats popular and how easy is it to find the answer. Someone posted something about that little white glowing apple earlier. You know, the one Apple has been spending your money to place in every movie made in the last decade. Just because you see something a lot doesn't make it better. It just makes it either popular or annoying. There's a fine line.

Microsoft isn't a computer manufacturer they are a software vendor who happen to make and control the pricing on the most common OS in the world.

Macintosh is a computer manufacturer who has found a way to streamline their product line, charge more for it and gather a following.

in the end the question is; which do you/i like best?
if why has to do with all the other people using it then maybe we need to spend more time evaluating for ourselves. "cuz they all love it" is a one way trip to hell.

it works good for me so its the best. thats a 5 year old's mentality. everything new and shiny is their favorite. ooooh it glows. :roll:

citizenchris099

Post by citizenchris099 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 pm

H20nly wrote:
roach808 wrote:that's an actual frame slipped in there for the Visual Content during The Great Destroyer.
"Trent Reznor, the front man of NiN, has stated that they did this intentionally, but we still had to include it because it’s just plain cool"
http://royal.pingdom.com/2008/10/09/blu ... locations/

the interwebz, for every search there is an opposite and nullifying search

It actually looks kind of cool to me. I'd rock a show in front of a BSOD. I'd probably do it with the Mac one though because that would piss Mac users off more and I think thats funny.

Mac vs. PC is about as stupid as Fender vs. Gibson or Chocolate vs. Vanilla.

"It just works" is a slogan that has obviously just worked but at the end of the day Chevrolet can spend a bozillion dollars telling me their cars are the bestest and I'm still not buying one or maybe I am. I'm more likely to buy one because 3 of my friends have them and like them than because some pretty woman on a TV commercial said to or because they have done the best job at corporate branding.

a cow says moo.

a sheep says Maaaac

@ beats me the answer to your question lies somewhere between whats popular and how easy is it to find the answer. Someone posted something about that little white glowing apple earlier. You know, the one Apple has been spending your money to place in every movie made in the last decade. Just because you see something a lot doesn't make it better. It just makes it either popular or annoying. There's a fine line.

Microsoft isn't a computer manufacturer they are a software vendor who happen to make and control the pricing on the most common OS in the world.

Macintosh is a computer manufacturer who has found a way to streamline their product line, charge more for it and gather a following.

in the end the question is; which do you/i like best?
if why has to do with all the other people using it then maybe we need to spend more time evaluating for ourselves. "cuz they all love it" is a one way trip to hell.

it works good for me so its the best. thats a 5 year old's mentality. everything new and shiny is their favorite. ooooh it glows. :roll:
Pretty much dead on. One has to only spend a brief amount of time in this very message board to realize Macs "just work" about as well as any well maintained computer.....that is to say s%$# happens regardless of the glowing fruit.
Last edited by citizenchris099 on Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.