1st pop video featuring an APC?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
chelemasty

Re: 1st pop video featuring an APC?

Post by chelemasty » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:57 pm

It's all about the lights...LOL I mean there are already a lot of artists that did that just for the video's sake to look cool, like hiphop producers, they carry there M-Audio 25s and press random shit, or sometimes they just pose with it...
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:09 pm

nuxnamon wrote:despite the video, the tune wasn't bad at all.. I swear I'm not tiesto.. side note here.. I'm don't really have a specific genre I listen to but if I had to pick, it was hip hop growing up.. and I don't really get the tiesto hate but help me out here... is it like when mc hammer was big and everyone was hating on him? fans loved the music but hip hop heads hated that shit..

No dude, you have it all wrong.

You see, when an artist starts and is making “fresh” or ground braking music than he is respected. However, once he begins to make money and achieve what everyone wants (making boat loads of money) than he has officially “sold out” to the masses.

The only way to continue being respected is to stay “underground” and be poor for ever and ever.

Please refrain from the comments that Tiesto NEVER made “fresh” music as that could be debated forever. Nor do I want to hear how his music is trash cuz that is once again an opinion.

In my opinion, the only people that can dis people like Tiesto and the like are people that make more money than them doing the same thing (making music). Since I am not one of those people, all I can do is respect the guy…or at least the trucks that are backing onto his property full of hundred dollar bills!!!

Bizon

Post by Bizon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:20 pm

inmazevo wrote:No disrespect to Tiesto intended, but:
Strange use of an APC.

The effects weren't changing.
The mix wasn't changing.
Nothing was being triggered.

What, exactly, was the point of the APC at all? Just to give him a reason to be in the video with a new "sexy" piece of kit?

I don't really like or dislike him. I don't know much about him... never heard a full set (just a few single tracks on pandora).
But I figure if you have an APC in a set or a video, you should be doing something with it (I actually DO think you could play it like an instrument... at least, I'd be fine watching that and jiggling about).

Like the youtube mashup video from a few months ago.
At least that guy USED the apc noticeably in the track and its vid.

That said: I have an APC that I barely know how to use, so I'm probably full of shit anyway. :roll: :lol:

- zevo
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Do you understand how music videos work? Whats next, your going to be pissed cuz the girl is lipsynching and not actually singing during the video?

Its just a prop!

RCUS

Post by RCUS » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm

cosmosuave wrote:
Nick Shepherd wrote:reminds me of this

Look the USB cable is not plugged in...
who is the poser with the MPD24?

seriously that just makes me very angry to think he was dicking people over with a fake ass performance no matter who he is.

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:26 pm

RCUS wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:

seriously that just makes me very angry to think he was dicking people over with a fake ass performance no matter who he is.
He's from Justice... In fact, it wasn't fake at all, he explained it on an interview that after that USB was unplugged accidentally, he plugged it back right away... A lot of people misundertood it. You know photos work...LOL
Equipments: Softwares, hardwares, plastics and metal controllers, computers, headphones, a pair monitor speaker, and electricity to power them up.

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:45 pm

video was removed. What'd I miss?

chelemasty

Post by chelemasty » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:46 pm

aqua_tek wrote:video was removed. What'd I miss?
If you're curious, you could just, copy and paste the title on youtube. Peace!

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:56 pm

cosmosuave wrote:

that made me lol
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

aqua_tek

Post by aqua_tek » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:58 pm

chelemasty wrote:
aqua_tek wrote:video was removed. What'd I miss?
If you're curious, you could just, copy and paste the title on youtube. Peace!
I was indeed curious, and looked up the video on youtube.

I managed to see the first 40-something seconds. The cringe was already quite epic by then.

senator adam

Post by senator adam » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:08 pm

here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOzhgu0fb4M

this will make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTT ... D8&index=9

they need an apc40 too.
My tunes (triphop/downtempo/beats):
http://www.thenewlaw.com

My podcast:
http://www.senatoradam.com

taoyoyo

Post by taoyoyo » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:13 pm

Bleep Blop Ima Robot wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:

that made me lol
... Good to see Motorhead keeping up with the times!
http://taoyoyo.com

Late 2011 15" Macbook Pro | 10.8.4 | RME Babyface

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:35 pm

funny.. i thought it was alice cooper on the right..

there still might be hope for my jean jacket waiting in the closet..

RCUS

Post by RCUS » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 am

I guess its possible to forget, but I really can't imagine forgetting to plug in my controller if that was my role as part of a duo, no matter how trashed I was and ESPECIALLY if I was getting payed and had fans come to see me LIVE. I also call bullshit considering the MPD24 has backlit LCD screen which greasemonkey there would've noticed wasn't on as soon as he walked up to it. I'd say it was plugged into the wall but there's NOTHING going into the back of that thing. MPD 24 works on bus power only?

I supposed he could have stepped on the cord during the perf and it got yanked though. Is that his excuse?

i must say though, God sure was generous with the ugly stick on these two.

inmazevo

Post by inmazevo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:20 am

Bizon wrote:
inmazevo wrote:No disrespect to Tiesto intended, but:
Strange use of an APC.
The effects weren't changing.
The mix wasn't changing.
Nothing was being triggered.
What, exactly, was the point of the APC at all? Just to give him a reason to be in the video with a new "sexy" piece of kit?
I don't really like or dislike him. I don't know much about him... never heard a full set (just a few single tracks on pandora).
But I figure if you have an APC in a set or a video, you should be doing something with it (I actually DO think you could play it like an instrument... at least, I'd be fine watching that and jiggling about).
Like the youtube mashup video from a few months ago.
At least that guy USED the apc noticeably in the track and its vid.
That said: I have an APC that I barely know how to use, so I'm probably full of shit anyway. :roll: :lol:
- zevo
Dude, what the hell are you talking about? Do you understand how music videos work? Whats next, your going to be pissed cuz the girl is lipsynching and not actually singing during the video?
Its just a prop!
Hehehe. Correct.
My post was tongue-n-cheek... not meant to be taken seriously.
Never really got "videos," though, even though I grew up with them. Always seemed strange to watch the staged event of "performing" a song.
I get it... props, etc.
Tongue-n-cheek.

A prop that 1 in 500,000 people will actually recognize. Clearly, it's the lights. "Lights mean he's doing something!!!" right?

- zevo
infinite density, zero volume

aerobiotic

Post by aerobiotic » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:53 am

chelemasty wrote:
RCUS wrote:
cosmosuave wrote:

He's from Justice... In fact, it wasn't fake at all, he explained it on an interview that after that USB was unplugged accidentally, he plugged it back right away... A lot of people misundertood it. You know photos work...LOL
both the power AND the USB????? lol cmon, seriously!
registered ab'user...