OT: Paranormal Activity

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
nuxnamon

OT: Paranormal Activity

Post by nuxnamon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:19 pm

i usually don't get scared from horror movies.. but yeah, I've had my girlfriend sleep with me for the past few nights..

BTW: we initially saw Where the wild things are and it sucked balls. Kids will love it though..

3osc

Re: OT: Paranormal Activity

Post by 3osc » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 am

Yup. Lots of motion sickness. Dramamine didn't help.

logic_user99

Post by logic_user99 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:42 am

I saw this in IMDB t'other day - it certainly looks the business in the scares dept. There's a fair chance that I'll be giving it a miss; I've gone soft in my old age, and really don't need anymore horrible in my head!

:lol:

EDIT - Yeah, just watched the trailer. I'll be giving that a miss I think! :oops:
Macbook | Live 7.0.18 |

Bleep Blop Ima Robot

Post by Bleep Blop Ima Robot » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:28 am

probably going to be seeing it this weekend. been hearing its pretty scary from people, gonna go find out my self, for i dont get scared that easily.
::Mac Book Pro 2.4 GHz 4 GB:: ::Ableton Suite 8:: ::NI Massive:: ::NI Maschine:: ::NI FM8:: ::NI Audio 4 DJ:: .::.Akai APC40.::. .::.LaunchPad.::. .::.Nocturn 49.::. .::.Akai MPK25.::. .::.BCR2000.::. ::KRK R5's::
::M30 Reverb:: ::SampleMoog::

Soundscapemusic

Post by Soundscapemusic » Fri Oct 23, 2009 12:26 pm

This movie wasnt that great, i wasnt impressed TBH.

I watch ALOT of horror/scary movies.. this for me, was not scary at all.. it only got good in the last 10 minutes.. and it felt soo short!

I didnt think it was worth the money, but i got free popcorn and a drink :mrgreen: WOO!

deepdirtydub

Post by deepdirtydub » Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Soundscapemusic wrote:This movie wasnt that great, i wasnt impressed TBH.

I watch ALOT of horror/scary movies.. this for me, was not scary at all.. it only got good in the last 10 minutes.. and it felt soo short!

I didnt think it was worth the money, but i got free popcorn and a drink :mrgreen: WOO!
I agree. Don't believe the hype. If you must go and see it do it on cheap ticket tuesday or you'll regret it.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:54 pm

deepdirtydub wrote:

I agree. Don't believe the hype. If you must go and see it do it on cheap ticket tuesday or you'll regret it.
obviously, you guys have never had a 2nd cousin who needed an exorcism before.. no spinning heads or levitating on the bed stuff.. but drastic changes in personality, voice, and facial appearance (she looked pure evil)..

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:47 pm

Hav'nt watch it---Seen the trailer---Meh. Screams--Slamming doors--Heavy whispering-- Enough with it already.

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:47 pm

nuxnamon wrote:we initially saw Where the wild things are and it sucked balls.
Me and my wife both liked it. It made her cry like a baby in the parking lot oddly enough. A movie has to work really hard to touch someone like that I'm thinking.
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:22 pm

deepdirtydub wrote:

I'm assuming there's no music in the movie and it has absolutely nothing to do with music. Soooooooo just go download it here

http://www.projectfree.tv

Doesn't get much cheaper than free.

eisnein

Post by eisnein » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:23 pm

nuxnamon wrote:but yeah, I've had my girlfriend sleep with me for the past few nights..
how has noone ripped on that yet?
second class robot

Android Bishop

Post by Android Bishop » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:51 pm

A good horror movie is RARE. Maybe one good one comes out every decade at the most. This was a decent flick compared to the shit thats been coming out recently, but it doesnt hold a candle to the last great scary to come out in the last 15-20 years: Event Horizon

Obvious Alias

Post by Obvious Alias » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:04 pm

I just can't get excited about Paranormal Activity based on the previews - in my area, all they show are people standing in line to see the movie and saying that critics are raving about it... How is that suppposed to attract me to go? I hate standing in lines, and if that is all the movie is about, well, then yeah, that is pretty scary.

:lol:

Seriously, though, WTF is it even about?
I like cheese.

nuxnamon

Post by nuxnamon » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:18 pm

eisnein wrote:
nuxnamon wrote:but yeah, I've had my girlfriend sleep with me for the past few nights..
how has noone ripped on that yet?
cuz when the gf sleeps over, your guaranteed cooked meals and sex.. I'll take that over my male ego anyday..

beats me

Post by beats me » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:49 pm

Obvious Alias wrote:Seriously, though, WTF is it even about?
Really?? I can't think of any other movie that the title tells you exactly what it's about. Is this a forest/trees situation for you?