Can someone please explain to me how to map my Axiom 25 or

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
tw1nstates

Can someone please explain to me how to map my Axiom 25 or

Post by tw1nstates » Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:47 pm

CME master keyboard.

I have selected the axiom ni the prefs, i have a blue hand, I then click into Midi mode, click the fader / knob whatever then move the rotaries on my axiom.

nothing, nada, zip :(

Please tell me why I am retarded :)

Thanks!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave

Mint Invader

Re: Can someone please explain to me how to map my Axiom 25 or

Post by Mint Invader » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:06 pm

Did you set it to remote in the midi preferences?
Because Whatever.

mojofunk

Post by mojofunk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Have you tried using preset 17? That is supposedly "blank" for Ableton. I don't use mine for the "blue hand", but I noticed that in other presets the zones, or whatever they are calling the separate groups of controls (pads, transport, knobs, keys) are on different midi channels - you might want to look into that and make sure that your chosen preset is sending usable info. Ableton has an Axiom tutorial download at their website, but as I seem to be totally confused by how to properly use live packs, I can't say how useful it is. Other than that though, a quick read through the Axiom manual reveals a very easy to set up device. I really like the Axiom, I hope yours is liked as well . . . Good luck!

mojofunk

Post by mojofunk » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:56 pm

Also, I do know that to get the blue hand you must, as mentioned, have remote enabled in prefs, and that controller must be first in the list. And with the blue hand you do not have to go into midi map mode - the knobs should just work to control the macros in, say, a device. That way when you change to another device, the same eight knobs control the new devices eight macros (if the device has no macros assigned, just click the configure button on it's title bar and set some up).

sowhoso

Post by sowhoso » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:21 pm

Newecho wrote a detailed step-by-step tutorial on how to get the Axiom working with Ableton Live. Give it a look here:

http://www.modulatethis.com/2007/05/how ... _the_.html

tw1nstates

Post by tw1nstates » Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanks for the heads uip.

Sorry for the slow reply. No niternet ni new place at moment. Right old pain.

i shall check the tutorial :)

Muchos gracias!!!!!!
I slipped into a daze, whilst I was there I heard the most startling music, it was at once familiar and alien, reassuring and unsettling.
https://soundcloud.com/fearoftherave