what is a good brand of speakers for party's??

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
amon2365

what is a good brand of speakers for party's??

Post by amon2365 » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 am

im looking for some speakers that i can use to take to party's and use for my dj set. im just not sure what brand, the wattage, and what size speakers i need to get. i play mostly alot of progressive house and trance so i need speakers that are good with bass and such. any suggestions? also would it be wise to buy a separate subwoofer with them?

thanks

Soundscapemusic

Re: what is a good brand of speakers for party's??

Post by Soundscapemusic » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:25 am

what ever is big :twisted:

Alextronica

Post by Alextronica » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:38 am

I have a pair of Mackie SRV 350's and love'm. They sound great they're light and pretty compact. i have an 18 inch sub with them but even with out they can kick the bass. If you get these just remember not remove the volume knobs when traveling. They get broken easily and suck to replace. Have fun!
Black Mac Book 2.16 4gigs of Ram > Ableton 7 Suite > Komplete 5 > APC40 > Novation Remote SL25 > Allen and Heath Xone 92 > Korg Kaoscillator

www.soundcloud.com/Alextronica

Tunecrew

Post by Tunecrew » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:51 pm

amon2365 wrote:im looking for some speakers that i can use to take to party's and use for my dj set. im just not sure what brand, the wattage, and what size speakers i need to get. i play mostly alot of progressive house and trance so i need speakers that are good with bass and such. any suggestions? also would it be wise to buy a separate subwoofer with them?

thanks
what is your budget and how big are the venues?
Live 9 Suite
Macbook Pro (Mid-2015 15" 2.8 GHz i7 1 TB Radeon GPU)
APC-40

SubFunk

Post by SubFunk » Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:53 pm

Tunecrew wrote:
amon2365 wrote:im looking for some speakers that i can use to take to party's and use for my dj set. im just not sure what brand, the wattage, and what size speakers i need to get. i play mostly alot of progressive house and trance so i need speakers that are good with bass and such. any suggestions? also would it be wise to buy a separate subwoofer with them?

thanks
what is your budget and how big are the venues?
precisely

i can name you tons of stuff, but need to know size of venue and budget.
*** Image GAFM ***