I get to see Skinny Puppy in a couple hours

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
Kodama

Re: I get to see Skinny Puppy in a couple hours

Post by Kodama » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:48 pm

Saw them in PDX, nice but short... Amazing how Oghre/Ogr/Ogre/Kevin/Nivek can carry a room like that. And they went on at like friggin' 9:00pm????

Not as good as the 2004ish shows. Unfortunately I had food poisoning and went anyways to that show - but it was great when I wasn't crouched over in pain. Ppl just thought I was strung out... Great show though :wink:

KMFDM was even better, their show was longer, they had more players on stage, and they are less popular.

Whoz going to see Nitzer Ebb in PDX this month?
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

ethios4

Post by ethios4 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:54 pm

@MW - Oh man, that's nice! Thanks for the heads up! I've been getting interested in the area where metal bends around to shoegaze lately. The latest Enslaved album, Vertebrae, gets into this quite a bit....bending black metal into almost shoegaze ambience. http://www.myspace.com/enslaved - The Watcher is a good example.

Godflseh - Merciless - Couldn't get enough of this track...so good!

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah, it was a pretty short show, I thought that too. Interesting they had so few people on stage this time too, just cEvin, Ogre, and a drummer.

I'd love to see KMFDM again too, just missed that show. I must have seen those guys 20-30 times in Chicago, always a good time.

mholloway

Post by mholloway » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:09 pm

Tarekith wrote:Yeah, it was a pretty short show, I thought that too. Interesting they had so few people on stage this time too, just cEvin, Ogre, and a drummer.
I really enjoyed the minimal stage setup because I feel it harkens back to the AINT IT DEAD YET days of just 3 guys on stage, but in some ways I like this better now because of the live drums. Ogre's stage show also harkened back to the old days - simple but effective use of props and costumes, and of course just utterly original and bizarre in conception. The Greater Wrong tour was great, but felt much bigger and polished, whereas this tour feels like a rawer, old-school style puppy, the closest I'll ever get to tours that happened when I was much too young to know about/see them. And the set list, oh man, addiction and assimilate were the two highlights of the night for me, just amazing.

-M
my industrial music made with Ableton Live (as DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER): https://deadwhenifoundher.bandcamp.com/
my dark jazz / noir music made with Ableton Live: https://michaelarthurholloway.bandcamp. ... guilt-noir

Kodama

Post by Kodama » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:29 pm

Did you get to catch Nitzer?

Really fun show. KMFDM was still the best show of the 3 for me, but I have the most love for SP as a band.
GO VEGAN!!! - Macbook Air, Bass Station II, Some Korg shit, Live Suite, U-He, Audio Damage, Microtonic, Ohmicide, more soft stuffs, awesome controllers, euro rack modular synth,an awesome cat.

Tarekith

Post by Tarekith » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:36 pm

Not a big Nitzer Ebb fan myself.

astromass

Post by astromass » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:13 am

Saw em in dc....amazing show! Drummer is fucking amazing!!!
nyquist theorem and nyquil...