Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Discussion of music production, audio, equipment and any related topics, either with or without Ableton Live
Post Reply

Would you like an app store for M4L?

 
Total votes: 0

stringtapper
Posts: 6278
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by stringtapper » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:52 pm

Rave wrote:I think I will stick with Reaktor. :mrgreen:
Great!

Now off you go.
Unsound Designer

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Poster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Rave wrote:"apps" is a generic term
not in the communities you're trying to sqeeze into a store.. :wink:


appszz is the next buzz word Apple invented after putting an i in front of everything..

do iMakemyselfclear?

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:56 pm

stringtapper wrote:
Rave wrote:I think I will stick with Reaktor. :mrgreen:
Great!

Now off you go.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm going to miss him. poor misguided little bugger. :cry:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Rave » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:00 pm

Poster wrote:
Rave wrote:"apps" is a generic term
not in the communities you're trying to sqeeze into a store.. :wink:


appszz is the next buzz word Apple invented after putting an i in front of everything..

do iMakemyselfclear?
You so got me wrong.

I used the word app because I thought it would be a word most people would understand. No more or less than that.

I used 'Store' as a current term too to just get my point across.

WOw! I didn't mean to cause offense. I just wanted to improve stuff for the abes community. Fook me for trying.

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Poster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Rave wrote:
Poster wrote:
Rave wrote:"apps" is a generic term
not in the communities you're trying to sqeeze into a store.. :wink:


appszz is the next buzz word Apple invented after putting an i in front of everything..

do iMakemyselfclear?

I used the word app because I thought it would be a word most people would understand. No more or less than that.

I used 'Store' as a current term too to just get my point across.

WOw! I didn't mean to cause offense. I just wanted to improve stuff for the abes community. Fook me for trying.
an app is something that can run on it's own, on OS level..
a store is a place where you buy stuff..

lingo!

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Rave » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:06 pm

Poster wrote:
lingo!
Grammar police!

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Poster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:07 pm

Rave wrote:
Poster wrote:
lingo!
Grammar police!
:lol:

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Poster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm

naah man, I don't really care how you call it..
its just that the seven page consensus says it's not such a good idea..

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Rave » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 pm

Poster wrote:naah man, I don't really care how you call it..

hehe, the very sad thing is you do, the writing is on the wall.
Last edited by Rave on Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Poster
Posts: 8804
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:21 am
Location: Amsterdam

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Poster » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Rave wrote:
Poster wrote:naah man, I don't really care how you call it..

hehe, the very sad thing is you do.
iDo.. 8)

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Rave » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Poster wrote:
Rave wrote:
Poster wrote:naah man, I don't really care how you call it..

hehe, the very sad thing is you do.
iDo.. 8)

So u lied, u r a liar hehe

Tone Deft
Posts: 24155
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:19 pm

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:14 pm

Poster wrote:an app is something that can run on it's own, on OS level..
a store is a place where you buy stuff..

lingo!
Rave has never used max/msp but is directing how this should go down. what?

he's listening to ideas but hasn't looked into what the C74 community is already doing, nor does he even know what the content of said 'store' even looks like. he's well intended but enough already...


as a 'member' of a forum that now uses max patches I do care what you call them because it makes the whole community look retarded. I can imagine a maxhead coming over to this forum and getting a chuckle out of the idiot n00bs.

I'm going to refer to Live from how on as Albatross, it's just semantics. :roll:
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

stringtapper
Posts: 6278
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 6:21 pm

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by stringtapper » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 pm

You still here? Don't you have to go raid the Reaktor user library or something?

The world desperately needs more repetitive dance music Rave! Why are you wasting your time in this thread!
Unsound Designer

LoopStationZebra
Posts: 10586
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:57 pm
Contact:

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:15 pm

4/4 wrote:*sigh*

This is what happens when interlopers intrude on the highly obtuse world of Max/MSP.
fxd.
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

Rave
Posts: 6152
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:26 am

Re: Would you like an app store for M4L? (Apps can be free too)

Post by Rave » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 pm

stringtapper wrote:You still here? Don't you have to go raid the Reaktor user library or something?

The world desperately needs more repetitive dance music Rave! Why are you wasting your time in this thread!

I started the thread, why are you here?

LOL

Post Reply