Max4Live, Max4live Lite, Max4Live R/T. Which one are you?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.

Would you pay?

$299 for Max4Live with jitter
26%
$199 for Max4Live Lite without jitter
14%
$50 for Max4Live runtime
61%

Total votes: 74

LoopStationZebra

Re: Max4Live, Max4live Lite, Max4Live R/T. Which one are you?

Post by LoopStationZebra » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 pm

LOFA wrote:
What you might do is recreate the patch without the rewire send / in. Instead modify it with appropriate objects to work within mfl. And there you have the same patch working without the need for pesky ol' rewire.

=rebon*1000
Ahh. Yes. I get ya. Nice. Tnx
I came for the :lol:
But stayed for the :x

delicioso

Post by delicioso » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:54 am

Johnisfaster wrote:you don't see NI releasing a free Reaktor runtime do you?
Isn't their free Kore Player essentially what that is? It comes with the engines of all their synths, effects, and reaktor, and it lets you run reaktor ensembles like The Finger which you can only edit if you own Reaktor.

steff3

Post by steff3 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:08 am

[quote="delicioso"][quote="Johnisfaster"]you don't see NI releasing a free Reaktor runtime do you?[/quote]
Isn't their free Kore Player essentially what that is? It comes with the engines of all their synths, effects, and reaktor, and it lets you run reaktor ensembles like The Finger which you can only edit if you own Reaktor.[/quote]

Yes, however as I understand it, you can only run reaktor ensembles that are delivered (sold) by NI and not the 1000s of freely available reaktor ensembles ... correct me if I am wrong.
At least you do not have access to the Reaktor ensemble library over at NI, right?

NI had once a player version, didn't they? Dynamo? or what was it called. did that not allow you to load ensembles. I think that thing killed the Reaktor sales, so it might had to go away. But as Reaktor is bundled with Komplete I think lots of people just have it sitting on the HD anyways ...

Well, this is pure maths, but assume a price of US$50 for what is here called M4L-RT ...
So that is 1/6 of the full price. If now 1 out of 5 who are not sure about getting M4L buys the full package and the other 4 do not buy it, it is still financially more interesting to not offer the M4L-RT discussed here. As long as 17% of the people being not sure, if they need it/those only want to use available, downloadable device, buy the full package after all, they make more money than if 100% get the M4L-RT at US$50. So it would be interesting at what price it actually is worth considering a M4L-RT, coze 17% might even function ...

best

twisted-space

Post by twisted-space » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:37 pm

4/4 wrote: I'm going with option 1, but I would want the other two options to become a reality also.
On this at least we are in agreement.

For me the discussion is academic at the moment, Max 5 simply will not run on my machine. Cycling '74 support have suggested a problem with the pace anti-piracy driver and have recomended that I wipe and re-install my computer, not an option I'm particularly keen on.

I have had nothing but problems with these kinds of software in the past, and gave up on cubase because of issues with syncrosoft. I couldn't get the waldorf largo demo to work because the syncrosoft license wouldn't load and now this. I'm convinced that these "anti-piracy" measures actually put people off buying certain applications.