how to use "insert time"?

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
p8guitar

how to use "insert time"?

Post by p8guitar » Sat Sep 25, 2004 8:47 pm

What does the insert time command do, how can I use it? It is always unavailable (greyed out) when I want to try it out. :?
Peter

by the way: how do I search for the exact expression "insert time" (both words, in this order) instead of "insert AND time" (321 hits...)?

radder

Post by radder » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:50 am

You use it in Arranger view... Honestly I've never needed it (I find "duplicate time" much more useful) but it allows you to insert empty time into a composition. Pretty sure you just click and drag to the right, from the point you want to insert the time to the point you want the existing arrangement to continue, now that you have some time selected, "insert time" should no longer be greyed out.

HTH
myspace.com/raddermusic || soundcloud.com/a-radder || Thinkpad R61 / 3GB RAM / Echo Audiofire 4

hyerstay

Post by hyerstay » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:44 am

Regarding searching, just put the text in quotes (like you wrote it in your message), and it will search for it as a single item.

jh

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:39 pm

radder wrote:...click and drag to the right, from the point you want to insert the time to the point you want the existing arrangement to continue, now that you have some time selected, "insert time" should no longer be greyed out.

HTH
I can't get this working. insert time is still greyed out. Hm...

Peter

p8guitar

Post by p8guitar » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:43 pm

hyerstay wrote:Regarding searching, just put the text in quotes (like you wrote it in your message), and it will search for it as a single item.

jh
I tried that, but it gives me also results that contain only one of the two words.
Peter

hyerstay

Post by hyerstay » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:36 pm

Wow, you are right. So much for my degree in Google... :)