Starting Over

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
SuperBassMexican

Starting Over

Post by SuperBassMexican » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:18 pm

So 4 months ago my wife(bipolar) left me, I had a hair salon that I had to close down , the engine on my 2004 camry blew I had it paid off! I was severly depressed. I missed my son , family life , and always getting affection , cooked meals....etc....etc. So I didn't make much music at all. So now I have a new car (95 Prelude) , new job , new girl. I need a second job to keep up. I miss making music. just started again. I need to to make a dj set and go get some gig some where. FML I'm 35 and starting over! My wife soon to be ex is trying to find out who my girlfriend is. They work together! At one point in time we were all coworkers. I've known my girlfriend for 13 years. She's my old bosses wife. Which they filed for divorce. So I've been with my girlfriend for 3 months. I was with my wife for 10 years. I haven't been able to say or tell anyone. This is kinda driving me crazy. But mostly making a dj set. I have a m audio xsession pro and a kaoss pad. I've only djed at 1 club on an open mic night and that was years ago. The guy offered me a gig to do it every wednesday. I busted my eardrum a few nights later..... which takes almost a year to heal. So here I am starting over. I feel a little overwhelmed. I hate making dj sets. I think it's harder than making music. But I sure as fuck don't want to get a part time job being a security guard. And I have anxiety too! Lucky me............Just a rant! Have a nice day!
apple macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 250GB, Presonus Firebox, Live 7 SWEET , Micron , LV2 , Padkontrol , Oxygen 8 , Korg Er-1 MK II , Juno 106 , Kaoss 3, Mackie 802

http://www.myspace.com/destroy281

davepermen

Re: Starting Over

Post by davepermen » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:27 pm

good luck!
http://davepermen.net my tiny webpage, including link to bandcamp.

squelcht

Post by squelcht » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:17 pm

Wtf did I just read?

aburgener

Post by aburgener » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:31 pm

wow, what an extremely well thought-out, organized and coherent post.

*thumbs up*

Johnisfaster

Post by Johnisfaster » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:56 pm

SuperBassMexican wrote:So 4 months ago my wife(bipolar) left me, I had a hair salon that I had to close down , the engine on my 2004 camry blew I had it paid off! I was severly depressed. I missed my son , family life , and always getting affection , cooked meals....etc....etc. So I didn't make much music at all. So now I have a new car (95 Prelude) , new job , new girl. I need a second job to keep up. I miss making music. just started again. I need to to make a dj set and go get some gig some where. FML I'm 35 and starting over! My wife soon to be ex is trying to find out who my girlfriend is. They work together! At one point in time we were all coworkers. I've known my girlfriend for 13 years. She's my old bosses wife. Which they filed for divorce. So I've been with my girlfriend for 3 months. I was with my wife for 10 years. I haven't been able to say or tell anyone. This is kinda driving me crazy. But mostly making a dj set. I have a m audio xsession pro and a kaoss pad. I've only djed at 1 club on an open mic night and that was years ago. The guy offered me a gig to do it every wednesday. I busted my eardrum a few nights later..... which takes almost a year to heal. So here I am starting over. I feel a little overwhelmed. I hate making dj sets. I think it's harder than making music. But I sure as fuck don't want to get a part time job being a security guard. And I have anxiety too! Lucky me............Just a rant! Have a nice day!
You forgot a couple of vital details.
1)was your wife on meds?
2)what kind of income can you make with a small salon?
3)what kind of options did you get with your camry?
4)whats your sons name?
5)have you always been close to your family?
6)how much did you pay for the prelude?
7)what is your new job?
8)is your new girlfriend hot? I bet shes totally hot!
9)you don't think your wife will figure out who she is do you???? oh shit!

I could go on and on with important questions, but then I just realized... WTF would I want all that information for?
It was as if someone shook up a 6 foot can of blood soda and suddenly popped the top.

timothyallan

Post by timothyallan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:02 pm

lol is this in response to the personal life thread, or is this what started that one!?

I CANT TELL WHAT IS REAL ANYMORE

arctic ranger

Post by arctic ranger » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 pm

have fun warping all those morrisey and old country tunes
mpb c2d, remote sl, mpc1000, korg legacy, zebra 2, phoscyon, devastator

http://soundcloud.com/enrock/first-edit

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:22 am

I feel guilty over the amount of laughter I am experiencing right now.

Anubis

Post by Anubis » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:31 am

I suspect your girlfriend will be unemployed shortly. 8O
But it's cool, don't worry about it. What happens in the Abe's forum stays in the Abe's forum.
Seriously though, you should capitalize on your grief and make some tragic tracks. Channel it ya know.
9.0.4 Suite-Samsung Chronos 7 laptop(17")-12GB RAM-Samsung 840 series SSD(250GB)-iPad2-Maschine-TouchAble-SaffirePro24-Saffire6USB-Komplete Audio 6-Axiom25-PCR300-Nocturn-LaunchPad-QuNeo-QuNexus
miTunes

SuperBassMexican

Post by SuperBassMexican » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:35 pm

pulsoc wrote:I feel guilty over the amount of laughter I am experiencing right now.
I find it humourous too. I always thought soap operas were bullshit. But now I think it's based on reality.
apple macbook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2GB 250GB, Presonus Firebox, Live 7 SWEET , Micron , LV2 , Padkontrol , Oxygen 8 , Korg Er-1 MK II , Juno 106 , Kaoss 3, Mackie 802

http://www.myspace.com/destroy281

3phase

Post by 3phase » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:00 pm

tele novela 2.0
mac book 2,16 ghz 4(3)gb ram, Os 10.62, fireface 400,

pulsoc

Post by pulsoc » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:36 pm

SuperBassMexican wrote:
pulsoc wrote:I feel guilty over the amount of laughter I am experiencing right now.
I find it humourous too. I always thought soap operas were bullshit. But now I think it's based on reality.
Sorry, to clarify, I wasn't laughing at your story, which actually is fucked up and sad, but at the responses you recieved. Hope you got a laugh out of them as well, good luck man, life is confusing.

beats me

Post by beats me » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:54 pm

I like the stories better where the guy doesn't replace his girl with another girl and just goes out and gets stupid. There's also many layers of bullshit in this particular replacement scheme.

DJ Chi FTW.

najrock

Post by najrock » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:29 pm

Zohan?

OvertoneZero

Post by OvertoneZero » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:03 pm

succeed