Reggae Guitar

Discuss music production with Ableton Live.
evon

Reggae Guitar

Post by evon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:34 pm

Or more precisely, Rock Steady guitar. I have yet to find a plugin or program that I can plug my gutiar in and get some real Reggae Rythm Guitar sound.

I am pretty satisfied with the bass I get from Reason Sub Bass in Subtractor, but I have been searching for years and no guitar sound like what I am looking for.
fe real!

aisling

Re: Reggae Guitar

Post by aisling » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:47 pm

reverb an envelope do not obtain what your looking for?
http://soundcloud.com/aislingbeing

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

evon

Post by evon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:36 pm

What?
fe real!

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:40 pm

The Strat in the essential instruments does a nice off beat chop chop chop chop is you spend some time on it

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:49 pm

evon wrote:What?
I think aisling means have you played around with a reverb and envelope to create the sound you're looking for, also some tape delay plugs and slapback delays do the trick.

Delay and verb is what reggie guitar is all about, you just need to tinker with themk to get it sounding right.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:58 pm

UKRuss wrote:
evon wrote:What?
I think aisling means have you played around with a reverb and envelope to create the sound you're looking for, also some tape delay plugs and slapback delays do the trick.

Delay and verb is what reggie guitar is all about, you just need to tinker with themk to get it sounding right.
Thanks for the clarification...I was half asleep when I typed. Sorry for any confusion evon.
Also strumming technique is 50% of the effect.....

Live, Reason, Moog sub phatty, Moog sub 37, Ozone 6, guitars, Pedals, proper ergonomic sitting posture, french pressed coffee with a pinch of cardamon.

Sage

Post by Sage » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:01 pm

ikeaboy wrote:The Strat in the essential instruments does a nice off beat chop chop chop chop is you spend some time on it
Strat middle pickup into a Fender with some spring reverb.

aisling

Post by aisling » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:16 pm

while more dub oriented, there may be something worth your while (I hope)
http://www.interruptor.ch/dub_basics.shtml

evon

Post by evon » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:28 pm

OK Guys..this is me here..I will forgive you because I guess you might not have known, but I am Rock Steady/Reggae music.
Also thanks for replying, but I guessed you misunderstood. I want some kind of virtual Amp (didnt find it in Guitar Rig)that can emulate that sharp cutting strum and not instructions on how to play a Reggae Rythm, because I am that rythm. I walk, breathe and think in Reggae.
fe real!

Homebelly

Post by Homebelly » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 pm

i can see no reason on earth why you can't get the sound you are looking for from guitar rig.
My first question would be, what are you using as a sound card to get your guitar into guitar rig?
15" 2.4 MBP/Live/Sampler/Operator/ Home made Dumble clone/Two Strats/One Jazz Bass.
Come and visit any time= Soundcloud

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm

evon wrote:I walk, breathe and think in Reggae.
any fuckwit can type that into an interweb forum. c'mon man, put up or shut up. you're not the only person here that loves reggae. those are big words, but words are all they are.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Hmmm unusual, you got the Tone Deft trademark insult but not followed by the usual condescension. Tone, your slacking. :D

Evon Reggie might be your ting, but fark, the guitar is probably the easiest bit to get right! Reverb and the lovely tape delay in guitar rig can do it for you.

Either that or you need to be more specific about what it is thats missing from your tone...

Tone Deft

Post by Tone Deft » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:08 pm

creepy.
In my life
Why do I smile
At people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?
-Moz

ikeaboy

Post by ikeaboy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:38 pm

evon wrote:OK Guys..this is me here..I will forgive you because I guess you might not have known, but I am Rock Steady/Reggae music.
Also thanks for replying, but I guessed you misunderstood. I want some kind of virtual Amp (didnt find it in Guitar Rig)that can emulate that sharp cutting strum and not instructions on how to play a Reggae Rythm, because I am that rythm. I walk, breathe and think in Reggae.
I didn't read your post as well as I thought hence the Essential instruments recommendation. BTW I snifle, digest and lactate in Reggae but I jog, sweat and ruminate in techno. Go figure!

UKRuss

Post by UKRuss » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Tone Deft wrote:creepy.
predictable.